View Poll Results: Should new footage of Prequel Characters be added to the Classic DVD's?

Voters
1355. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, it would help bring all the 6 movies together!

649 47.90%
  • NO, the Classic Trilogy should not be altered!

317 23.39%
  • MAYBE, depends on who it is and how it's done.

389 28.71%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Originally posted by Tycho
    Now he might have known the Senate was desolved. Tarken said "I have just received word [from Vader] that the council has been dissolved permanently!"
    Where did that [from Vader] addition come into play? I never assumed that Vader was the one carrying that message, not that it matters who told Tarkin anyway. It has no bearing on the story, as far as I can tell.

Oh, I'm saying that IF they added Palpatine to ANH, that is the one place where it wouldn't be too disruptive, and that is how Tarken could have "received word."

They could film Hayden, or be kind to David Prowse for non-action scenes and closeups (where Vader doesn't have to do anything) and put either of them in the black. Then make Ian up to be older still and put him in the hologram.

I don't think it's necessary. But I don't think I'd hate that. The dialogue must not be cheasy though, such as : "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival." Aaarrggggh!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

Talking ok...so i lied about stepping away...

ok, so maybe i respect lucas a lot and just can't see him doing the chicken thing in order to flex his creative muscle. my only defense against the claims that he might be tampering with an already perfect creation is to just go back to the affirmation that this is only conjecture on the part of fans. i didn't mean to insinuate that the fans can't have opinions, and i didn't mean to try and make a separation between anybody and myself; i only wanted to try and defend the filmmaker who was getting raked over the coals.

to bluntly answer the question of "if lucas added a dancing chicken -- or anything ludicrous for that matter -- would you respect him?" i guess that my answer would be yes because i have all of his other work to base my opinions on, and all of the fond memories of movies, toys, theaters, etc. to keep my respect strong. i wouldn't buy the "chicken editions" however, that's my choice. i too, would like to see the original OT released on DVD; however, if lucas feels that he now has the technology to do them justice in left out scenes and mishaps that needed to be changed and couldn't then i say let him...but i've always said that so i feel i am reiterating a previous statement.

i hope this answers your inquiry...if not, then i guess i'll post again.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

Re: ok...so i lied about stepping away...

Originally posted by Darth Grifter
    ok, so maybe i respect lucas a lot and just can't see him doing the chicken thing in order to flex his creative muscle. my only defense against the claims that he might be tampering with an already perfect creation is to just go back to the affirmation that this is only conjecture on the part of fans. i didn't mean to insinuate that the fans can't have opinions, and i didn't mean to try and make a separation between anybody and myself; i only wanted to try and defend the filmmaker who was getting raked over the coals.

to bluntly answer the question of "if lucas added a dancing chicken -- or anything ludicrous for that matter -- would you respect him?" i guess that my answer would be yes because i have all of his other work to base my opinions on, and all of the fond memories of movies, toys, theaters, etc. to keep my respect strong. i wouldn't buy the "chicken editions" however, that's my choice. i too, would like to see the original OT released on DVD; however, if lucas feels that he now has the technology to do them justice in left out scenes and mishaps that needed to be changed and couldn't then i say let him...but i've always said that so i feel i am reiterating a previous statement.

i hope this answers your inquiry...if not, then i guess i'll post again.
    That was pretty good. Thanks.

I know I'm coming late into the thread but I just wanted to throw my few sentences in. I too liked some of the additions as well as disliked others. I would love to see George do one final touchup to complete the 6 part series as one. With that being said I would like to see George remember that we fell in love with the original OT and make that available as well. It seems that the fan pressure to speed the release of TPM on DVD worked, perhaps it'll work to insure that the original versions of the OT will be available as well. Heck, I'd be willing to buy them seperate just to have them in my collection.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Is it a total impossibility that they will ever make 7, 8 and 9 into movies?

I'm a purest, so I don't read anything that's in addition to the movies. I don't want to know anything about E3 or anything else. Please, give me some insight if you can without revealing anything I don't want to know...if you know what I mean.
    "I don't know where you get your delusions laser-brain."

To clarify, I am very cautious when I explore any SW books or website etc. because I don't want anything to ruin my midnight viewing of the latest installment. I've stayed away from the 7 8 and 9 books hoping that maybe one day they;ll be made for the screen.

Before the PM came out I was working part time in a toy dept. and had to stock all the boxes of action figures, and I worked for hours with them and NEVER LOOKED AT A SINGLE ONE!

BTW I think there has to be an original version on dvd, and Lucas wants to make more changes that's cool to - I'd love to see them. This is in spite of the fact that I'd have to say I was mostly disappointed with the EV. But it was still cool to see, and I own them.

ANother BTW - Padme could still be alive. PL only said her mother died. This could easily be construed as part of the deception. They couls bring her in later in Episode 7 - remember I'm saying this having about zero knowledge of the post OT books.
    "I don't know where you get your delusions laser-brain."

Lucas has made it very clear that the Star Wars saga will end on the big screen with ROTJ, no more prequels, no more sequels. He originally had said 9 films, but later changed his mind. While it's possible he could change his mind yet again, I wouldn't bet on it.

I personally have an idea for 7,8,9 which throws out all the EU post-ROTJ, so even though I've read the Heir to the Empire trilogy, I wouldn't accept it as "canon" if ever 7,8,9 got made. That's not to say it's not a great series though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon
    what's the theory JT...???
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.