View Poll Results: Should new footage of Prequel Characters be added to the Classic DVD's?

Voters
1355. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, it would help bring all the 6 movies together!

649 47.90%
  • NO, the Classic Trilogy should not be altered!

317 23.39%
  • MAYBE, depends on who it is and how it's done.

389 28.71%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    That's kinda my hope and prayer. I've heard that 7 8 and 9 will never be made, but inside my heart I knda think that GL will change his mind, and if he doesn't want to make them he'll find someone he trusts to make them for him.

I HOPE! That's why I've never read them. Jedi is still a story with much left to tell. There are theoreticly legions of empirial troops out there, and there is by no means a republic government reestablished, and Luke is the only living Jedi. There is so much more to go on, at least to get some kind of stability to the whole galaxy.
    "I don't know where you get your delusions laser-brain."

Would I buy the dancing chicken ?
    Probably not
    Would I go see it in the theater?
    You bet.
    If you think that the OT is perfect and dont want to see anything changed than you dont have to do anything.
    Dont get the SE on dvd, dont see anymore of the stuff he puts out.
    He puts out movies, not for you, but for whoever wants to see them. He alters his movies that he has put out because he wanted to, if you want to see them or not is up to you.

Have you ever heard of a directors cut of a movie? Sometimes things change and get added/removed. Are some changes better or worse than others? Sure, but it is what it is.
    If it is so scarring to ones psyche to see a movie and then see another version of it that you dont like it sounds like movies isnt your top issue to work out.

No matter what ends up changing ,Ill always remember Han shooting first...

"then you don't have to do anything"

Nor do you get to SEE anything because eventually, the originals will deteriorate and they won't exist anymore, as I said in post 100. If we had access to the originals as they were originally released between 1977 and 1997 in a format that wasn't limited to poor image quality and decay, then it wouldn't be an issue, but we won't.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT makes a VERY valid point. Our videos won't last forever. And even if they weren't wearing out, there's always the chance that there'd be an accident while moving, or the family dog - whatever. The original movies on tape become irreplaceable.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by Tycho
    JT makes a VERY valid point. Our videos won't last forever. And even if they weren't wearing out, there's always the chance that there'd be an accident while moving, or the family dog - whatever. The original movies on tape become irreplaceable.
    So glad I invested in the laserdisc versions of both the Original Versions and the Special Editions. And as soon as the price of a DVD burner goes down, I will definatly be doing some burns for myself, as well as all of my friends.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think GL should do whatever he thinks is right. It is, after all, HIS vision, not OURS. We're just here to love his vision, not for him to cater to ours. I think any additions would be minor, maybe salvaging some original footage that hit the cutting room floor, and not necessarily making up scenes that are completely CG.

I kind of like the idea of seeing a peaceful Alderaan with Bail looking up to the sky with a big "OH S***" look. I think it would add a little depth and severity to the situation; we all just watched originally and said "Whoa, they blew up a whole planet", now we'll get the sense of reality that an entire civilization lived there.

Also, I think any Padme scenes will be shown 'dreamily' when Leia speaks of vaguely remembering her mother, saying she was "very beautiful".

And FYI, Obi-Wan said to Luke: "You will go to the Dagobah system. There you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me." He did not say TRAINED. Big difference. Qui-Gon need not be mentioned at all in the OT.
    kyoto, kyoto, kyotay

Originally posted by JangoTango
    And FYI, Obi-Wan said to Luke: "You will go to the Dagobah system. There you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me." He did not say TRAINED. Big difference. Qui-Gon need not be mentioned at all in the OT.
    FYI:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...6502#post96502
    Originally posted by bigbarada
    I looked it up for you

instruct - to give knowledge to. TEACH, TRAIN (gah! there goes that theory)

train - to form by instruction discipline or drill , see Thomas

Oh well, it was worth a shot; but wait if I really wanted to reach to make my point then I could also use one of the meanings of "instruct" which is "to command." Thus Yoda could've commanded Ben to go find Luke on Hoth, and that would've been what he meant. "The Jedi Master who instructed me **the last part garbled by 'Force Static'** to come find you here."

Okay, I didn't think so either. Man I hate proving myself wrong.

I watched the THX trilogy last weekend, and I forgot about the trailer at the beginning that clearly states it would be our last chance to own the original versions. Way back in '95 I didn't really concern myself with the inevitable deterioration of the THX tapes . . . but that trailer can't be used to defend a "no DVD" stance. I mean, that was about 2 years before DVD started creeping into the mainstream, and there were no guarantees (I'm guessing) that DVD would become so HUGE. I think if George would just go ahead with even a "one-time only" classics on DVD release, this issue would never come up again because those discs should outlive me and my generation, and another release many years from now would be completely understandable. Just a thought I had . . .