Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter Attack Mode

I was just curious about this mode, since we didn't see it in the movie. Mostly, I was curious about whether we might see it in the next film and I realized that those "Ships of Star Wars"-type books tend to have little details like that. I don't know if they have one of those books for Episode II vehicles yet, but if they did I as hoping someone could do a tad bit of research and see if it says anything about a "Fight Mode."

Personally, I really think it looks cool. I was just wondering if it looking cool was the only reason Hasbro did it, or if they had some inspiration from the source.

Well, there is the CutAway Vehicle book, but as far as I know it didn't mention an alternate flight mode.

It's possbile that it could pop up in Ep3 or something, but it's probably just something Hasbro dreamed up to make the toy a little more fun.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

And it is more fun. I just checked the official site and it has guns listed, but no additional mode. Anybody have the Jedi Starfighter video game? I doubt it, but does it have a fight mode?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I think they made it up. I don't care, though... because it ROCKS!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

feature

I think hasbro added it for play value,

just like Dash Rendar's Outrider (which I think actually hurt the ships design)

Originally posted by Chaddymac
    And it is more fun. I just checked the official site and it has guns listed, but no additional mode. Anybody have the Jedi Starfighter video game? I doubt it, but does it have a fight mode?
    There is no fight mode in the game. I just figured that Hasbro added this for play value for the kids. Otherwise its a big, triangluar piece of plastic that most kids really wouldn't get into. Expecially without a pilot Obi right now.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

There's no fight mode in the Ep 2 Incredible Cross-Sections or Visual Dictionary, and it seems as if the Cross Section listing flat-out denies the possibility of Hasbro's "fight mode". Still, no reason not to enjoy it if you like it or ignore it if you don't.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by Chaddymac
    No, and that's kind of funny, because you know what else it doesn't have? That Hyperdrive ring form the movie.

In the game Adi Gallia makes Hyperspace jumps all over the Galaxy without using that ring. I just thought it was funny after playing the game and then seeing Obi Wan in he movie.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Heh. That is interesting. Speaking of that hyperdrive ring, any chance of seeing that released as an attachment for the Starfighter? I thought that thing was pretty sweet.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I like the battle mode, I dont know if we'll see it in the 3rd movie. It reminds me of the Sith Infiltrator...
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC