Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

BLUE on a clonetrooper's armour

Just visited episode-X.com where 22 new images were posted from the German SW magazine. One photo showed the clonetroopers standing in an orderly queue which converges toward a central circular supply point where each collect their helmet. On the right side of the photo a clonetrooper is seen with a blue colouration on both arms. There is also a helmeted red clonetrooper conversing with 2 others, as well as one with a yellow markings waiting his turn to collect his helmet.

Interesting.
    Last edited by JonoFett; 04-15-2002 at 01:39 PM.

Yeah, LTBasker pointed out a blue one to me a while back from one of the Kamino pictures that came out a while ago. He also noticed that the blue ones don't have a fin on their helmets. So, our theroy is that they might be pilots since they wouldn't need a transmitter on their helmets, as they would be piloting a ship that has one built in. So far they are following the same color pattern as the battle droids, other then the fact there is no green units in the Battle Droid armys that we know of.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That is interesting how striking the use of rank insignia from one film overlaps with that of another.

Since we haven't seen Green with a helmet on and there was only 1 green with the field troopers (2 blues in those pictures, 1 walking to get their helmet and another talking with it's helmet on to two troopers) but he didn't have his helmet on then blue or green might be in the medic units. Blue might be pilots though, that would make a little sense in more of them being with the troopers in the pictures rather than just one green who probably could be a single squad medic while there are two pilots, and on the gunship there are two canopy pieces. Maybe it's one Gunship squad?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Having green be field medics makes more sense to me Basker. That's why we didn't see any Battle Droid's with green colorings, they arn't flesh and blood, so they have no need for a medical caste. Of course green could end up being either a gunner, or a general. But, until we know for sure, I am gonna go with the following:

White: Basic Troops
    Red: Ranking Officer/Specilized Trooper
    Yellow: Commander
    Blue: Pilot
    Green: Field Medic

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I don't see any evidence of green in any pics so far. I've seen a yellow marking turned green by the orange glow of the sunset lighting on the Coruscant staging platform. So far Red, blue and yellow have been shown as true color differences which bodes well for toy collectors i guess but other than that i haven't seen green.

It would be logical for the medic to have green but the clonetroopers medic is a droid isn't it? in the bowels of the gunships or the AT-TE's or whatever. And as said the colors match the rankings of the battle droids. Which is odd considering they're on the opposite side.... but not. The clones were brought about by Sifo Dyas who has a hand in the battle droid armies too. Obviously this is a clue we were supposed to pick up on. The antagonist who is totally arrogant always leaves clues to their identity lying around as a nod to their pursuer that they are not scared to be discovered and far too clever to be caught... Least ways that's how it works in the Sherlock Holmes novels. This Sifo Dyas thing smacks of Professor Moriarty to me. Obi-Wan being the detective in this movie. But back to the clones. I dount we'll see any green for real now. I thnk the green people saw is just the yellow in funny lighting conditions.

Aww...color coded clones...it's like the Teletubbies on crack!
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    I don't see any evidence of green in any pics so far. I've seen a yellow marking turned green by the orange glow of the sunset lighting on the Coruscant staging platform. So far Red, blue and yellow have been shown as true color differences which bodes well for toy collectors i guess but other than that i haven't seen green. It would be logical for the medic to have green but the clonetroopers medic is a droid isn't it? in the bowels of the gunships or the AT-TE's or whatever. I thnk the green people saw is just the yellow in funny lighting conditions.
    Yeah the medic droid is located in the gunship, because it starts to work on Anakin's lost limb as they take off from Geonosis. There may be one in the AT-TE as well, I don't know about that. But I assume that they are pretty much hardwired into the ship, or at the very least wouldn't be all that mobile during a fire fight. So I assume they are going to program/train some of the CloneTroopers as field medics, and thats where the green would come in. Here is a a few images of the clones in line to get their helmets on Kamino. You can see the green one quite easily, and it's definatly not a trick of the light, cause the yellow one isn't being affected by the light. Also I added an image of the blue one from another pic, sorry about the bad picture..the picture he is from isn't the best quality. As you can see he doesn't have a fin on his helmet. Thanks to LTBasker for digging up the images.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clonecolors.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	1370