Hybrid View

Not Happy with Some Figures "Loose"

It's frustrating to be a loose collector sometimes. Latest example, I was a little late in getting my 25th Ann. ANH sets, and my POTJ deluxes. When I did get them, I busted them open lickity split. Here's what I found:

Han won't straighten up, his neck has a weird "slice" like mark on it, he won't hold his pistol without the "clearlastic".

Leia won't hold her pistol, and her arm won't do anything but hug Luke.

Luke can't let go of the hook without cutting the string.

Amanama won't stand up OR hold his staff OR the skeleton.

These figures should have had a bloody disclaimer on the packages: "Not suitable for collectors who open figures". I waited a long time for Amanaman, too. Sad.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Re: Not Happy with Some Figures "Loose"

Originally posted by jjreason

Amanama won't stand up OR hold his staff OR the skeleton.
    Yeah mine too.
    His staff is all bent now and he continually falls over.
    Nice job Hasbro!
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Don't you mean not suitable for collectors who play with thier figures. I have the 25th Anniversary figures open and I think look great. These in particular arn't meant to be played with. They are like a photo from the movie. Affordable statues. That is all. Amanaman and Leia are a different story. Amananam does stand, but you have to work at him. These aren't perfect, but they do have amazing detail and that is a very important aspect of these toys.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

You're kidding? My Amanaman stands great.

My Han from the 25th set holds his gun just fine without the "rubber bands."

Leia originally didn't when I took the band off since it had seriously deformed her hand. However after a while of leaving the band off her hand resumed most of it's normal shape and she now holds the gun just fine. That other arm is terrible though.

I had troubles with my Amanaman also so I just used an action stand and had him hold the staff right under the skulls this way it doesn't droop and fall over.

I think the soft plastic Hasbro uses is ridiculous. I know it allows them to add more detail; but I would prefer less detailed figures who could actually stand on their own and have accesories that don't warp because of gravity.

I think you have to thread the staff thru his first two fingers (not counting the thumb) to get it to stay. That tends to bend it because it's soft, but you just have to work it until you find the right spot.