Dan Rather won't let me get on w/ life

I am not trying to be insensitive, but is it really necessary to still be interrupting normal programming everytime George Bush meets someone involved in the attack? I have a 2 year old who wants nothing to do with this, all he wants in the world is to watch his favorite show, The Price Is Right, and, for the third day in a row, Dan Rather has interrupted it to tell us STUFF WE ALREADY KNOW!!!!! It would be one thing if there was "Breaking News", but they're interrupting just to repeat everything that's been said. "New kind of war", "Dead or Alive", blah blah blah. It's driving me crazy!

Oh, and the irony of posting about something I'm totally sick of hasn't escaped me.
    Last edited by Fulit; 09-19-2001 at 11:54 AM.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I am so right there with you! It's bad enough that I have to be innundated with last week's news even in primetime!!

I wish they would just report when something IMPORTANT and NEW happens. Right now we are sitting and waiting... there's nothing to report.

This is SO "Baby Jessica"!!!

I can't even begin to imagine what it is like during the day.

I still feel terrible about everything that has gone on... so don't get me wrong, but this is no longer news much less "breaking news".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

It is still news, and will remain so until every question is answered. It just isn't the type of news that needs to interrupt everything and pre-empt local and other news.

The news media is too sensational. I mean, what if, last week, Gary Condit and OJ Simpson had teamed up to bring in the real killer of Joan Benet-Ramsey, only to get involved in a high speed chase on the LA freeways? We'd never know it, nor would we know the most important thing--what Jennifer Lopez wore while watching it on TV! Please note the sarcasm.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 09-19-2001 at 01:55 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought Jon-Benet Ramsey was a suicide...

Can't seem to sympathize on this one.

I heard that New Yorkers are having a hard time getting on with their lives with that giant pile of rubble just getting in the way.

Damn inconvenient terrorism!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

yeah, I know. I'm so insensitive.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis