Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clone color mystery SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!

The official site has posted this so we call all relax and finally put this argument to bed.

(following text from official site)

In Episode II there appears to be troopers with a color-coding on their armor. Does this indicate rank and if so what color equates to what rank?

It is indeed an indication of rank. Yellow markings indicate a commander. Red clone troopers are captains, blue are lieutenants and green are sergeants.

follow the link to confrim this

http://www.starwars.com/community/as...c20020528.html
    Move along, move along

Cool, i dont remember seeing any green ones though.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I posted this in the MOVIE section yesterday and thought about sticking this here, but didn't. I'm glad you did this Sal! I'm so happy that they finally bothered to let us in on the Colours!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

just tryin to help....uhhhh—Lando to Leia ESB
    Move along, move along

I imagine we'll get all varients eventually.
    So in total there are actually six "different" types of clones:
    yellow—commander
    yellow—pilot/driver (no fin on helmet)
    red—captain
    blue—lieutenants
    green—sergeants
    white—"privates"

I guess the Kaminoans designed them for specific tasks or amount of creative thinking allowed. Hence the Yellow commanders would be the most independent of the clones (therefore the most dangerous to the republic). This would explain why the officers of the Original trilogy were not clones and the regular stormtroopers are. Imagine having a large group of Jango Fetts running around making decisions. The Emperor would have had a problem keeping them in line. But, weak-minded humans could be in officer positions and still be controlled.

Your thoughts?
    Move along, move along

Stormtroopers are NOT CLONES!!!

BTW, I don't like the "Rank" system here. It leaves too much unaccounted for:

Can these guys be promoted?

How do they get promoted?

Do they have to wait for someone to DIE to get promoted?

What happens if a Commander dies?

What are those stupid dots on their armor for if not rank?

Oh well, it's just a movie (A GREAT MOVIE) but still, just a movie.
    May the force be with you.

Yeah, do we really have any PROOF that the Stormies are clones?

I don't care really one way or the other about what the colors mean, I just hope they all get released eventually so I can assemble a proper squad of Clonetroopers. :happy:

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Yes we do have proof that Stormtroopers are Clones....

TF.N or Rebelscum had a clipping from 1980 all about the ESB....in it, it stated very clearly, that Stormtroopers are in fact clones.....

I'll post a link, if I can dig it back up....
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Originally posted by Taichi
    Yes we do have proof that Stormtroopers are Clones....

TF.N or Rebelscum had a clipping from 1980 all about the ESB....in it, it stated very clearly, that Stormtroopers are in fact clones.....

I'll post a link, if I can dig it back up....
    Unless it came from GL's mouth or one of the movies, then don't bother, cuz those are the only things I will consider 'proof'. Canon, and all that.

But by all means, if you've got the link, post it.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Allow me to paste this that I wrote in that other thread. Keep in mind that it's a ballpark understanding, only ment for a basic idea...

So it's eastablished that yellow is higher than red. Adapted from info in the WEG Imp Sourcebook...

Green Level Squad Command
    A squad of unmarked (white) armored troopers which has 8-11 clones and is lead by a Segeant.

Blue Level Platoon Command
    Four squads commanded by a lieutenant.

Red Level Company Command
    Four platoons commanded by a captain.

Yellow Level Command
    Either a battlion of four Companies if the Commander rank is equal to a combat major, or a Regiment of four battlions commanded by a Lt. colonel. Given that the Commanders have four pips on their left breast, a yet unseen rank of "two-pip Commander" may be either staff or in command of a battlion. The same may apply to Red Level.
    MTFBWY, FMTPO!!!