Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jonna

Question Is Star Wars really only a male thing???

I know that I have mostly seen males buying the toys in stores and have ever personally really known one female SW fan. So I ask you: Are there any hard core female fans out there?

There are few Girls/women around here that I know of.The ratio must be about 250:1 though.
    If I could explain why there aren't more than I'd be able to answer alot of other questions I have too
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

When I went to see AOTC, most of the people were guys. It seemed like the vast majority of women there were with their husbands or boyfriends. I remember walking past the whole line and not seeing one group of just girls.

I guess Star Wars to females is like Ya-Ya to males.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    When I went to see AOTC, most of the people were guys. It seemed like the vast majority of women there were with their husbands or boyfriends. I remember walking past the whole line and not seeing one group of just girls.

I guess Star Wars to females is like Ya-Ya to males.
    Just like we scratch our heads when the females ooh and aah at the sight of Yanni, Fabio or John Tesh, I guess many of them feel the same way about Star Wars. But I did see many a girl at the AOTC showing, and yes, most of them were probably accompanying their lovers. Still, I saw a lot of smiles and faces of wonder from girls young and old after the movie was over. My bro's girlfriend was enamored by it, and she wants to see it again.

So in summation, there are a tons of female SW fans out there, but maybe they aren't gaga about it as we are, so that is why there are so few on SirSteves.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I met a girl in the mall here last month who was in Suncoast. I was looking at the new AOTC poster and she walked up to me and started talking about it. She was telling me all about it, about the new toys, the movie, etc. Basically she was a female version of me!! It was then that I knew they existed, even though they are rare. I also knew I was in love!! Too bad, I havent seen her since....
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Jango96, "you old smoothy"

Can't say I personally know one single (single as in 1, not single as in . . . available) female who is a hardcore fan, but oh how I wish they were numerous!
    However, I do know a few with a passing interest in it.
    Well, on two different showings I encountered "Hayden groupies", I'll withold comments on that for the time being.

*Caesar presses Submit Reply button and waits for InsaneJediGirl to find this thread*

I know a few female SW Fans. I think maybe there are more men, but not much more. There are alot of female fans on this forum that I would call "hardcore fans".

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Caesar
    Jango96, "you old smoothy"

Can't say I personally know one single (single as in 1, not single as in . . . available) female who is a hardcore fan, but oh how I wish they were numerous!
    However, I do know a few with a passing interest in it.
    Well, on two different showings I encountered "Hayden groupies", I'll withold comments on that for the time being.

*Caesar presses Submit Reply button and waits for InsaneJediGirl to find this thread*
    LOL

I have never seen a fangirl in my years of collecting.I've seen wives/girlfriends/etc of fans buying figures and mumbling about how stupid these plastic toys were.

Caesar..What are "Hayden Groupies"..or do I even want to know??
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I work with a few girls in my chemical lab, but they're all into Harry Potter. Maybe because they're about 19-20 or because HP is more appealing, I don't know. Come to think of it, even when I was a kid I didn't know any girls who liked SW, just Barbie stuff.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas