Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Tours

While I really like the idea of these puppies being released, I can't help but think that they'll be more scalper bait. I can just see some guy getting admission to disneyworld just to clear out the store.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they showed up on online stores. "Get your Disney exclusives here at Brian's Toys!"

I hope they put them on sale at Disneyland too. One place in the whole country is too exclusive for my taste, the GLu figure not withstanding.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

man, the last time I was in Disneland (France) the startours shop was closed for repairing or something
    I wish I could have gotten some starwars souvenir

I'm going to Disney World (Florida) in to weeks . . . it's a real pity they won't be out then.
    It's also a pity that at Disneyland (California) the figures are ten bucks!
    And it's a REAL pity that at Disneyland I got a Jedi Master Qui-Gon and not a Swimming Jar Jar . . . they did have one, just one of each.

Yea I rode the Star Tours ride at Disneyland in Summer of 1988 and it was the best ride I had ever been on. That 90 minute wait was worth it. I also got a Star Tours hat. I think my mon still has it at home I'll have to dig it up.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

i can't wait to get my hands on the 2 star tours action figures!

Has anyone read the latest on Rebelscum.com. The were pre-ordering the figures and I called in and ordered the maximum of 5 sets. Now they posted that Disney made a mistake and these are supposed to be in-park exclusives. They are suppose to call everyone that placed a pre-order with them and cancel them. I think that is total bulls**t. It's not our fault that they screwed up and took the pre-orders, and they should not be allowed to cancel them. Shame on them, they got a bunch of my family's $$$ back in February. Now I have to spend more to get in there and buy the figures. That is a little hard considering I live in WV. A big BOOOOOOOOO goes out to Disneyland.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

This ride is great, but I still can't wait for them to update the ride. They were supposed to do it after the release of Ep. 1. However, Lucas pulled out on it and promised to return to it later. Whenever that is. He is notorious for being sidetracked and ignoring a fan base e created. Like this year's Star Wars Weekends. He cancelled it to pay more attention to Celebration. He finally allowed a one weekend event with no special guest stare, just so Disney could sell some of the 36 pins they had made. They even cancelled the special exclusive pins, which are usually sweet. When the one weekend was finally allowed, Disney quickly whipped up three crappy exclusives that were very dull.
    Anyways, I love the ride and go on it everytime, but an update will be great!

Not exactly how it went down. Lucas said "ILM has this much time do revamp it if we start on this date" and Disney said "that's too soon, we can't start till later" and we've been waiting ever since. I hope they have half the speeders kept to the old version though, it was the first and IMO still the best.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

While I was working there, there was always talk of changing the attraction. Nothing was ever confirmed. They also considered having some speeders kept the same, but that would raise the logistical nightmare of filling people's requests for certain cabins. It would have to be an all-or-nothing change.

That would be really cool if they did happen to come out with a ST speeder, but I really doubt that's going to happen
    mace