Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Dear Hasbro, please stop using V-shoulder articulation

For those of you not familiar with V-crotch articulation, it's the type of crotch piece where it's shaped like a V and the legs splay outwards when you move them forward or back. This style of articulation is most noticable on Playmates' Star Trek figures and the POTJ Aurra Sing figure.

However, what I'm begging Hasbro to stop using is the shoulder version of this articulation - I hate it! Whenever I move Anakin Hangar Duel's arms up, they don't just go out in front of him, they also move outwards, the more you raise the arms, the further out they go. This renders the figure somewhat useless for the Anakin speeder since his arms absolutely cannot be in front of him at the same time.

Please stop doing this, it may work aesthetically, but IMO it doesn't work for the toy itself.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i agree, that gets so anoying
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

I think all figures from here on out should have ball-socket shoulders.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

My figures do not need to do the "Y" in Y-M-C-A. Well, some of the figues can't even raise their arms, like the new Endor Rebel Trooper(I guess he won't be surrendering). But, I agree, with using the ball-socket shoulders.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Yes to ball socket joints.

No to Varms.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Yeah, I don't like it either. For the arms or the legs.
    I have a display of Jabba's Palace, and I can't have Leia sitting down (she has to stand up) because her legs are like that. And you're right about Anakin HD - it's the same thing with his arms.

Why can't Hasbro just have some normal, decent articulation for otherwise decent figures?

End.
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Because they are "worried" about the costs.

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

I think they should have copied or borrowed what the old GI Joes had. Moved at the elbow, the shoulders swivled, body swivled by means of a rubber band, legs were on a hook or rubber band, and knees bent. I remember all sort of death poses for my dead Joes back in the days. They were much easier to play with, but the down side was the costumes or plastic robes would cause a slight problem...hey go with cloth...

The CommTech Stormie also has this V-crotch problem. Luckily i don't have seen any figs with V-shoulders yet. How bad does it looks on Anakin Hangar Duel?

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

Anakin HD is definitely puts the "Y" in "YMCA".

I'd go for ball-jointed shoulders!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.