Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mas Amedda

Mas Amedda

Will there be a AOTC version of this guy? The old one's a bit out of scare isn't it? Mas is a pretty big guy.

Yeah, he was shorter than typical. And at $6.99, he was a bigger "rip-off" than the Chancellor now.

I wouldn't say he's uncommon now, he got a .00, .01, and .03 release, so it's not like he appeared out of the flames of the Epi-1 line, then disappeared after one assortment. But he did get buried under lots of better figures as POTJ became a more styled, detailed line.

Still - Mas, Rune, Nute, Taun We...these all need the Chewbacca treatment sometime before the line ends for good.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I agree. I taller, more accurate Mas in his E2 costume would be cool
    The force will be with you- always...

Would you guys be for Mas in an open handed pose- like when he is talking about granting Palpy emergency powers? Or something that is more generic? I'm for the open handed pose- It is his big moment in the movie.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I'd gladly go for an E2 Mas Amedda if he were in the correct scale and came with a holo projector with mini holo Obi & holo Droideka
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Put me down as another collector who wants an Ep2 Mas Amedda. I want all the Jedi/Senators in the Obi-Wan/Droideka scene for a "This is a crisis!" diorama
    God was my co-pilot, but we crashed into the Andes and I had to eat Her.

I'd rather have a Bail Organa figure - maybe something based the Naboo Royal Guard's head on a Valorum body, or similar...
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

I'm more than sure that in Ep2, Mas is played by a different actor. So, they probably should do a new figure for him, but with our luck he'll have Horn Shooting Attack!!! or some other stupid gimmick. Or maybe he'll just be a one-pose wonder.
    The POTJ one is fine as far as detail and sculpt and poseability. If they're going to make a new one, just make him taller (as asked) and make him neutrally and everything will be fine .

End .
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Well if they had to pack him with anything and since their "we're going for scene specific figures" excuse was shot down in the POTJ line I would at least like them to make a small blaster to put with him if they make an E2 version of him since in his force file it says he carries a small blaster in his robes for emergencies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Well if they had to pack him with anything and since their "we're going for scene specific figures" excuse was shot down in the POTJ line I would at least like them to make a small blaster to put with him if they make an E2 version of him since in his force file it says he carries a small blaster in his robes for emergencies.
    That would be okay - wouldn't mind that. Especially if he had a little holster under the robes to put it in. Then they could do a soft goods robe for him.

But, one question I have, which is why I didn't think this guy was actually Mas Amedda (explaining the actor change too): didn't Palpatine hate Mas? I know that this question should be in the movie section or somewhere else, but I thought Sidious/Palpy (cause I think they're the same person ) tried to have him killed by Darth Maul and he was even bad mouthing him in Episode 1.

End .
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59