Jonna

Talking Free TRU stuff through Visa!

[FONT=arial]Free stuff is always best![/FONT]

I got the TRU Visa card about 6 years ago and they have this program where you can earn 1% to 3% from all your purchases in free TRU items. I know that it does not sound like much but, I have already earned over $400 (in SW toys of course). I wondered if anyone else has been taking advantage of this.

How do you go about collecting the free stuff? Once a year? At a certain $ amount? Do they give you a gift card?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Jonna
    Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    How do you go about collecting the free stuff? Once a year? At a certain $ amount? Do they give you a gift card?
    They way that they do it is when you spend a certan amount through the card, they send you a coupon for 10, 20, etc. off anything in TRU. The good thing is that you only have to buy the amount that the coupon is for to use it. They use to just subtract it off your bill, but then the realized that people weren't nessisarily shopping at TRU.

I spend enough though that card that I usually get 10 or 20 off every two months.

How much are the interest rates? It seems like I'd rather just use cash or a debit card and not get a free $10 if I have to pay $30 in interest & fees.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.