Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Harrison to return as Indy

Found the article here:
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html

I'm curious as to what it will be like.Indiana Jones in his late 50s?Still hunting Nazis and trying to find some fabled artifact.I hate the idea that they are having someone else write the Indy movie though..probably wont be as good as the orginals.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Hi ya ISG! I don't think we have anything to worry about. I mean great people useally associate with great people. If George and Steven think this guy is good, then that's good enough for me. I loved his other movies(Shawshank, Green Mile). They have a real twist in them, some real mystery. That would work very well in an Indy movie. Since George wanted M. Night then the story he came up with must be very intriging. I can't believe that M. Night passed. Seems to me that guy would have jumped at the chance to work with the two greatest movie makes of our time (perhaps all time). I can't wait. We have some real awsome movies comeing up in the near future. It truely is the second golden age of Hollywood!
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

does anyone know if this film is going to be set around the WW2 era, or are they gonna wisely set it 15-20 years forward, the 1960's maybe, to accurately portray indy's(harrison's) age?

maybe instead of battling 1940's era nazis, indy can tangle with 1960's era soviets?

Why does Indy have to battle Nazis? In Temple of Doom there isn't a Nazi in sight. Maybe Indy could battle a cult or something.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Here's the article for those to lazy to link:

HOLLYWOOD, California (Reuters) -- After more than a decade of silence, "Indiana Jones" will be cracking his famous bullwhip on the big screen once again.

Variety reports Frank Darabont, the writer/director of "The Majestic," has been offered the job of writing the fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" franchise and a deal is expected to be signed imminently. Paramount insiders say the picture will be aimed at a July 2005 holiday weekend berth.

The road to a "Jones" sequel has been long and twisting since the trio of producer George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and topliner Harrison Ford agreed in 1993 to make a fourth picture.

Lucas previously courted "The Sixth Sense" writer/director M. Night Shyamalan and "Shakespeare in Love" co-writer Tom Stoppard to write the screenplay. Now Darabont is expected to take control and knock out a screenplay for a story that was hatched by Lucas and given a thumbs-up by both Spielberg and Ford.

Darabont has been Oscar-nominated twice for his writing -- in 1995 for his adaptation of "The Shawshank Redemption" and in 2000 for "The Green Mile."

While not the first, Darabont is likely the most qualified to do the job: Aside from a long association with Lucas and Spielberg, Darabont has experience with the Joneses. He wrote several episodes of the 1992-93 TV series "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles," as well as several editions of the Sean Patrick Flanery-toplined pictures "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones."

In 1996, he penned the series "Young Indiana Jones Travels With Father" for Lucas with longtime Lucas collaborator Jonathan Hales, with whom Lucas wrote "Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones."

More recently, Spielberg and Darabont worked together on the screenplay for the upcoming Tom Cruise starrer "Minority Report," and while Darabont's work is uncredited, the two are understood to have expressed an interest in working together again more formally. The next "Jones" seemed a good fit.

Dating back to 1981, the Indiana Jones pictures have produced more than $1.2 billion in worldwide theatrical grosses.

"Raiders of the Lost Ark" raked in $432 million, while followups "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" harvested $348 million, and $418 million, respectively.

The movie will be set in the 50's to reflect Indy's age. There's been several ideas for a fourth movie thrown around, including Indy in Area 51, Indy searching for Excalibur, and Indy finding Atlantis, but I don't know if Darabont will go with one of these ideas or start from scratch. My guess is that George, Steve, and Harry have a story all ready to go and just need Frank to stick dialogue in it and flesh out the details.

Steven has said once he's done with "Catch Me If You Can" he'll devote all his time to Indy4. Hurrah!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Wonder if they're gonna use staples for his hat again or pollute it with CGI.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

okay E.P.,

i need just the highlights of your post, and i'm still waiting for your return of the king synopsis.

just joking. i read the whole thing. i'm just trying to help you get to 2000 posts so you can assume a new identity.

but you are right, i am pretty lazy.

LTBasker,

I hope Indy4 isnt a CGI playground either.Lets keep the hat stapled to his head,or use duct tapeSo E.P.,you say its going to be in the 50s.I dont know about Indy searching in Area 51,although that was a big topic of the time period.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Indy is timeless like James Bond. He never ages a day. Just like every hero.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I can't imagine anyone else playing Indy than Harrison Ford. It's just like 007. There is only 1 James Bond, now and forever....Sean Connery. All the rest are stand-ins until Sean decides to return. I'd rather see a 70 year old Connery battling the Russians than these other guys. The same would hold true for Indy.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.