View Poll Results: SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Quarterfinals - Fight Two!!!

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Out of the main hold, it's the Naboo fighter!!!

112 76.19%
  • Sebulba drills it to the competion!!!

35 23.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Quarterfinals - Fight 2!!!

By now it's tradition: Friday Night is FIGHT NIGHT in The SSG Battle of the Machines!

We're into the Quarterfinals now as 16 vehicles that YOU chose duke it out to see which is the best Hasbro Star Wars vehicle of all time!

In tonight's exciting contest it's almost another rematch of The Cheater versus The Challenger with a little twist on the Boonta Classic!

Anakin and Sebulba are at it again, only this time Ani's brought in a little extra fire power to even the odds.

He's up against Sebulba's Pod Racer, with which the devious little Dug used to defeat him before, 44-28 in a straight-up Pod Race which Sebulba won with 61% of the vote. In other words, though there was a low voter turn-out on that round, Anakin got smeared all over the Canyon Dunes Turn! A champion toy in its own right, Sebulba's racer features authenticly styled engines, an exclusive Sebulba racer figure, and a special surprise: a pop-open secret pannel that conceals a spinning blade that can cut its way through any competition!

But Anakin will be more competition that Sebulba ever estimated in his sleek N1 starfighter. The N1 comes in bright yellow with exciting lights and sounds. The ship makes a very awesome fly-bye audible, as well as breaks the silence of the later additions to the collection, with some rapidly firing green laser cannons! In case that's not enough to defend the Queen, a proton torpedo fires hard and launches rapidly away from the ship to destroy Naboo's invading enemies! The cockpit holds on pilot action figure, and also has a place to connect the Pilot Anakin Skywalker's flight control panel accessory, that gives figures a throttle and firing stick they can actually hold to command the craft. Finally, when the tail flare is added to the craft (for its basic assembly) the ship is longer than any other Star Wars fightercraft, with nice flowing lines and a cool, vintage craftsman look. In the Preliminary Rounds the N1 defeated the Trade Federation Droid Fighters 59 - 10 for a victory with 85% of the vote.

Which one of these great Star Wars vehicles do you like the most?

Vote now and send one of them on their way to the Semi-Finals!

Then please post and tell us how you voted.

Anakin, Sebulba? Are you ready?

"You won't walk-away from this one slave-scum!"

"That creep's going to get deep-fried!"

On your mark! Get Set! Go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sebulba vs naboo fighter.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-31-2002 at 09:07 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho this really aint a match. Anybody knows that Anakins N-1 is way better than sebulbas podracer. I reaaly love the fly by sound and lasers on the N-1. Sebulbas racer didn't really interest me. Matter of fact I dont even know where mine is.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

We have 16 vehicles out of 32 eliminated thus far.

I am trying to keep ships within their own movie categories as best as I can.

All the other Starfighters in the 7 other Quarterfinal matches are all busy with their respective battles.

Thus I took 2 characters that shared a rivalrous relationship with one another, as well as 2 vehicles that came from the same film, and let them go at it.

I guess we'll see how far podracers are appreciated amongst the all the Star Wars crafts.

Furthermore, the X-wing fighter (with electronic sounds and more action features) just went down to the TIE Interceptor. In that match, a more basic-featured ship vaulted the Empire into the Semi-Finals.

So, we'll see what happens in this match. I feel no shame in bringing up my early support for the N-1, though. I like lights and sounds, (and especially firing missles), so as I supported the X-wing for similar reasons, I hope the Naboo fighter wins this one. But I can't always predict what's going to happen...

I'd love to hear from Sebulba's fans though, because I still hope Hasbro makes us a few more podracer vehicles!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well, Selbulba's Podracer was one of my favorite vehicle designs from TPM. Sure the toy is tiny and has no electronics but it is still a really cool design and the pack-in Sebulba, while he wasn't the greatest figure ever, really didn't suck that bad. Thus I voted for it over the N-1.

I really would love to see more pods from Ep1, Namely Teemto Pangalies' and Dud Bolt's (with a Dud Bolt action figure).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The N-1, while being a beautiful ship, just isn't the best as a toy. The coloring is lackluster, the R2 head should have been removeable, and the toy never appealed to me. I like the movie version, and I bought the Christmas ornament, which I feel is a better representation.

The podracer...it's just so much fun having Sebulba run over Watto's Tatooine enemies. Even Sebulba and Darth Maul had a fight. And while it's not perfect, it edges out the N-1 because I feel it has a higher playability factor...if only for transporting Sebulba across your room in style.

And on the issue of future pods...the next should be for either Teemto or Gasgano, but new pod/pilots should be Rats Tyerell, Mars Guo, and Wan Sandage. I'd include Ody's but it was kinda boring.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Some of the pods I thought looked cool were the same ones you did Tenebrous!

Teemto's and Gasgano's. And Dud Bolt and his podracer are my favorite out of the 18. (Sebulba's is cool though).

But each toy needs to have some kind of action feature or gimmick, right?

Since we have an Ody Figure, I like the idea of having his pod fire pit droid "missles" out the back of it. Kids could make their own conclusions about that, but to the fans of realistic movie toys, it should look exactly as it did in the movie.

Of course Teemto's would reflect "Tusken Raider damage" and somehow sling the pod away from the engines and make it spin like a wheel as it did on the Canyon Dune Turn. (better have a seatbelt for poor Teemto. He's going to get dizzy as it is).

But I still think I enjoy playing with my Naboo Fighter more and making the electronics work for me while I shoot the missle at my battle droid figures. I'm surprised it's losing as of right now!

I voted for the Naboo fighter because it is nearly to scale, has very few movie-inaccuracies, and - while a tight fit for some figures - it holds most figures in the cockpit. Also, it's in 2 movies; it's not just Anakin's ship, it's also Typho's, Ric Olie's, and Padme's. It even has fairly unobtrusive electronics (if you like them, they're cool, and if you don't, they're not a burden).

Sebulba's pod is ok, but it has a LOT of unpleasant stickers to apply, the pack-in figure is really sloppy, and the vehicle is way out of scale. I like the "chopper" gimmick, but it's not enough to sway my vote.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I can't decide. I'll have to play with them tomorrow and get back to you. There is no clear cut winner in this one...

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I voted N-1. Lights and sounds aside (which are cool and few and far between in newer SW vehicles) I like how you can take the N-1 in hand and make it do that slow, lazy, roll as it flies around the living room. It's a beautiful craft. It's sleek retro design just looks cool and a fleet of them (bought at KB's buy one get one free $9.99 sale) is gonna look super cool in my Theed Hangar diorama when I get around to building it.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."