Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overkill?

Overkill?

I don't really know if this can stay in the POTJ section, as it has to do with POTJ figures, but if it has to be moved, it has to be moved.
    Anyway, I like to display my figures in little scenes, and in this one I had Vader about to throw the Emperor down a shaft.
    I know that in ROTJ, the Emperor was on his back when Vader picked him up, but I just couldn't get him posed like that.
    But my real question for all of you is: is there too much electro effect on Vader? Did I over do it? I originally just had it on his arms and legs, but felt his torso was too bare.
    Let me know what you think.

End .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderemp.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	2063  
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Maybe take away the power affects on the Emperor's hand. But all in all, looks good!
    Dooku Fett's Star Wars Site

“If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. But I don’t have the time.”
    -Chris Farley from Tommy Boy

"She's gone from suck to blow."
    -Zanders from Spaceballs

The lightning around the legs looks awesome!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
    The lightning around the legs looks awesome!
    Thanks. I just took the electro effect from the AOTC battle droids and wrapped it around. I did that on the arms too - and the right arm looks really cool because I have the electro effect going inside the whole where his hand should be. Can't see it very well in this picture, but maybe I'll post more.
    But wouldn't you know, right after I took the picture to post here, the Emperor fell off and the electro around the torso came off. I'm going to redo it, and make it better. Then I'll post another picture.

End .
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Looks good to me don't change a thing.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

you get a big fat COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Very cool! I thought about doing this as well, but when I studied ROTJ, from what I could see Vader barely catches any lightning, and none of it below the chest. I have 2 small "electro-tendrils" around his hand & arms, but since he has those painted bolts on the helmet, I left everything else alone.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. But since JT told me about Vader not having anything but on the arms, I think I'll take some of it off. I'll leave the legs and the arms - because the legs look cool - and I'll just take off the torso stuff.
    I still haven't had a chance to redo these two yet, but once I do, I will post another pic, as I've said. I also have other displays to put up: Bounty Hunter Scene from ESB; Naboo Hangar Battle from TPM; Cantina from ANH; Jabba's Palace from ROTJ; Arena Battle/Clone Wars from AOTC and I've got others I want to put back up. So, I'll try to post more...probably in the General Discussion area, huh?

End :happy:.

I've always wanted to do this exact same thing but could never get the Emperor to stay put. How did you do it? I have the EW Vader and the Emperor figure that came with the coin. Any help would be most appreciated.

Originally posted by brentfett
    I've always wanted to do this exact same thing but could never get the Emperor to stay put. How did you do it? I have the EW Vader and the Emperor figure that came with the coin. Any help would be most appreciated.
    Okay, how I have it (with the Emperor facing down, like that) you to: take one of those clear little rubber bands that comes with almost every figure (probably medium size. It can't be too small or too large, although larger is probably better). Put the rubber band around the Emperor's left arm, up to his shoulder. Stretch it out and wrap it around Vader's left wrist - try to twist the rubber band so that it will stay in place.
    Then you just have to try to get the Emperor to rest on Vaders left hand, and somewhat on his right stump.
    If I can, I'll take some step-by-step photos so you can better see what I'm talking about .

End .