Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow April 23rd stuff

Well, I saw the AOTC novelization, the Junior novelization, a new Jedi Quest paperback, plus the Guide to characters. Quite a bit, but I'll wait. Anyone out there snag these while they're "rare"?

p.s. We'll have time and space to post SPOLIERS and such about the AOTC book, so save yours 'til then!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I picked up the novelization today, but I will not, repeat, will not read it before the movie. I know too much already.

I bought my copy at Borders. They had them marked 30% off, so that came out to $18.20 + tax. Cheaper than WM.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Got the novelization at Costco for $14.99! They didn't have anything else, unfortunately.

I pre-ordered Art of AOTC and the new Essential Guide to Characters from amazon.com. But either I was mistaken or the release date for "Art Of" changed, because it's not available until the 30th! Which means I gotta wait for the other stuff I ordered, and my Transformers DVDs!

Oh, and I found Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter, Anakin: Apprentice, and the two coloring books three days early at a WM.

I have yet to see Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive, Cross-Sections, Visual Dictionary, and the Jedi Quest books, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I got the Visual Dictionary and the junior novelization at Barnes & Noble. They were also giving out free Star Wars circulars with a mini comic inside.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I got the novelization and free magazine at Barnes and Noble. Got the Cross sections book at Media Play.

Question Huh? I don't know. Nice a nice day!

Chuxter, as always, Wal*Mart has the best prices on paperbacks; you can find the Boba Fett hardcover there for less than $7. Also, if you go to B.Dalton or Barnes & Noble, make sure the employees are
    1) informed of the free SW magazine with SW purchase deal,
    2) actually able to process information using brain waves,
    3) truly human, and
    4) interested in SELLING PRODUCTS FROM THEIR STORE.

Ahem. I went into a BN and had a Jedi Quest book plus the magazine (titled "Star Wars Collectible Bonus Magazine" ) and he wasn't aware of the special deal, so he called a manager who said "no." I told him I didn't want the book anymore then, and suggested he get someone to take down the dispaly that said the special was going on if it really wasn't. A B.Dalton nearby was more than happy to accept my business. I plan to head to Costco for the novelization, plus trying to get some photo development that's been delayed almost a week. Stupid employees are spreading like... like, clones!

Still no sign of any books other than Anakin: Apprentice and Jango: Bounty Hunter at any of the local Wally Worlds, BCJ.

I broke down last night, went to B&N and Waldenbooks, and got:
    Jedi Quest #1 & 2
    Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
    I Am A Jedi Apprentice
    Visual Dictionary
    Incredible Cross-Sections
    The Stars of Star Wars (I was going to pass on this, but it looked pretty good, and was cheap)
    the Time magazine with the Yoda cover
    the B&N bonus book (Jacen's alive!!! Yay!!!)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    the B&N bonus book (*****'s alive!!! Yay!!!)
    Well, thanks for ruining everything, El C! Now, I'll have to cancel my subscription to New Jedi Order Forever.
    But that was quite a haul. Do you get airline mileage for all that?

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I got The storybook
    the Scrapbook
    Stars of Star wars
    the Visual Guide
    The Cross section book
    The novel
    Jedi Quest softcovers 1 and 2
    the bonus magazine
    TIME with Yoda on the cover
    The New Essential Guide to Characters

I am waiting for
    the Screenplay
    The Art of AOTC
    and a location cross section guide (if they do one)
    I also want a location guide to the OT. Maybe then we can find out where the garage on lars moisture farm is in relation to everything else, and why Jargo cant see the T-16 sticking out of the ground...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Lightbulb

I finally picked up and read BF:Fight to Survive. I'll say 2 things; positively, it fits the 10-yr old characterization of Boba Fett as seen in AOTC quite well. Negatively, that characterization is that of a semi-whiny, naive kid. Guess who shows up? Dooku, Obi-Wan, Padme', Anakin, Aurra Sing, Jabba, etc. It'll be interesting to see how far Lucasbooks lets this go.