Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how many figures of each?

hey there..
    just wanna pose the qusetion on why people buy multiples of certain figures....me personally only buy multiples of those figures that i like the most...for example in episode 1, i got two darth mauls and this time out i got two red clone troopers and looking to land another jango fett.....

the reason why i got two of these figures is quite simply for collectible and recreational purposes.....but, i have realized that most of these figures don't have much investment potential unless yer willing to wait another 20 years or so..i personally am not, so my advice is not to buy these toys purely for investment purposes..just a personal opinion......also, what's the point in buying more than 2 unless you plan to sell them on ebay or some other online auction??...~

i would only buy extras of stuff like clone troopers and stuff i really like.
    i open everything anyways.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Well considering that i am collecting everything from the Saga series i only get the ones that i really really like.

and so far my only muiltiple is the Jango Fett (Kamino Escape).

Looks friggen awesome when posed with the helmet and accessories on.

hey ppz~
    yup gotta agree with you on the jango fett kamino escape...i think it's a good idea for hasbro to make their figures more fun to play with and poseable and to stay away from the stationery figures that do absolutely nothing......hmmm..the jango fett kamino escape hasn't been shipped in canada yet??i thought it was released in april tho???

Kamino Jango has been here in Canada since the launch of the Saga line. If you can't find it, it's probably because it's sold out everywhere much like Yoda. I only buy multiples for trading or selling and very rarely, one to open. Mostly though I only buy one of each to be kept carded. (not for investment purposes, I buy stocks for that.)

Simple, I have 3 collections. One loose collection, one MOMC collection, and one MOMC (Non-US carded).

I also buy multiples for army builders (I now have 7 Royal Guards 1 MOMC and 6 loose).
    May the force be with you.

It's all about buildin' up the troops. Multiple figures aren't investmennts these days, I don't think. If you want an investment, save up all that money you were going to spend on 10 Yodas or Dookus and buy a 1985 Carded Luke Stormtrooper or some other vintage that is truly established as rare. Better yet, grab a mutual fund!! All kidding aside, if you're buying a bunch of new figures for long term investment you might be barking up the wrong tree so to speak. They just make too many of each now. Have FUN with your toys! That's what they're for!!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

i agree on the idea of having fun with your toys....building of armies??..never really thought of that idea....i pretty much just use my figures for display purposes...with regards to the vintage figures...even those are hard sells unless you do that on ebay or find some hardcore collector..i have a ton of old figures from the original triology and to tell you the truth, i have no intention to sell them...it's all about keeping something from my childhood and all that other mushy stuff....~

i usually only buy multiples, if i really like the figure or army builders
    so far:
    2 clone trooper
    2 royal guards
    2 yodas - 1 momc

i usually just by one figure and keep it packaged cuz i can wait 20 yrs haha well not really but i will eventually forget about them then in 20 yrs bllop there they r then ya haha but fr the cool ones like anakin hanger duel i bought 2 so i can open one and cuz they are impossible to find in edmonton
    "Not again! Obi-Wan's gonna kill me!"-Anakin Skywalker