Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cane Adiss?

Question Cane Adiss?

Just testing the waters out here to see what kind of interest exists for this Jabba's Palace creature. Unfortunately, this guy is in a unique category with all sorts of factors working against him ever getting made into an action figure:

1. we don't know if he is actually a single alien, after all. Decipher and many other EU sources seem to think so, but no one has ever given thought to the idea that it is actually two separate aliens (possibly with snake-like bodies). I prefer the 'two snakes' idea myself, since it means that Hasbro could make these guys with bendy bodies and pack them together. Getting two figures for the price of one helps to offset the "who the hell are these guys?" problem.

2. if it is just one two-headed alien, then no body has ever been designed for it by ILM. This is one of the reasons I think Hem Dazon has never been made, Hasbro doesn't seem to appreciate being forced to design stuff on their own. With Adiss' complete obscurity and large design, Hasbro isn't going to want to go through all the extra work of designing a proper body for the alien. Although this is another argument in favor of using the 'two snakes' idea, no bodies need to be designed.

3. the most detrimental factor against Cane Adiss ever seeing action figure form: He never made it into any Star Wars film. The only reason we know he exists is because of all the behind the scenes photos and documentaries from ROTJ. In fact, Cane Adiss only shows up on film in the "From Star Wars to Jedi" documentary.

So he could easily go in the "discarded ideas" pile and never be thought of again (although, the upcoming Sketchtrooper shows us that discarded ideas are still possibilities for action figures), or Hasbro could make him and put the same level of effort into him as they did for Ephant Mon. A well made figure sells itself, regardless of how much screentime it does or doesn't have.

And personally, I would rather have one Cane Adiss than a hundred Sketchtroopers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caneadiss.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	4882  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I would go for a Cane Adiss. Infact pretty much any of the aliens from Jabba's Palace intrest me. I checked my West End Games, Trilogy Sourcebook for info, but couldn't find any. I did dig up the Decipher Card to help your cause, BigB. I'll also keep my eye out for more info and pictures for him.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Name:	cane adiss.gif 
Views:	62 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	4883  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks, JarJar! I saw that Decipher card, but since it only showed one head, I figured it might not be the best picture to use right off the bat. Notice how the card makes no mention of him having two heads? You would think that would be a very hard feature to ignore. Another argument in favor of my "two snakes" idea.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Put me down for one of them. I like the single-headed idea.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Here's a good link, and they actually have video footage from ROTJ where he is actually visable in the background.

http://fatz.swhosts.net/ROTJ/cane.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Red 6's Website seems to concur with the two headed alien thing, and the customs I've seen all feature 2 heads on one body. Here's what Red 6's says, and a picture of a custom that someone from the Custom Allience did. I'll toss up a link, and attach the picture also.
    Cane Adiss (Cain Ah-diss):
    Unknown male- 2-headed pilot for hire, and smuggler for the Hutt, plotting to kill Jabba
    Can't be seen clearly ANYWHERE in the movie, this shot was taken from From SW to Jedi
    http://www.thecustomalliance.com/pho...-caneadiss.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Name:	cane adiss custom figure.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	4884  

Ahhhh! So he is in the film!!!! If Hasbro could make the Praying Mantis from ANH, then there should be no problem making Cane Adiss, they both look to have approximately the same amount of screen time.

Thanks, JarJar! You're a credit to your race!

Here's the picture of Cane posted at the site JarJar linked to. It shows two distinct skin patterns. I really do believe that these were meant to be two separate aliens, the name Cane Adiss is probably the name of their species.

Name:	cane.gif 
Views:	50 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	4885  

I saw that custom earlier and if that is what we can expect from a Cane Adiss figure, then never mind.

If Hasbro does decide to go the two-headed route, then they should make the body totally inhuman. I am thinking something along the lines of the Dianoga from the upcoming Trash Compactor sets. Although I still prefer the single headed alien idea.

I have a gift with finding things online, BigB. I told you I would see what I could dig up for Cane Adiss. It's not easy, he's pretty much the most obscure Alien in the entire Saga.

I think he could be a two headed alien, since the majority of the facts seem to point twords that. And I'm sure that Hasbro would do a better figure then that custom.

After all, none of the custom Ephant Mon's I've seen have ever looked as good as the actual Hasbro figure. Even the one that they used to sell for around $50 in the magazines years ago.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 01-06-2003 at 03:15 PM.

Yes, but remember nothing is really a 'fact' in Star Wars until GL says it is. So anything is still possible for the forgotten aliens of the Original Trilogy (by 'forgotten,' I am referring to the aliens that weren't carried over to the prequels, to include Ephant Mon, Hermi Odle and guys like Yakface and Muftak).

I see your point about the custom figure, that Ephant Mon figure on that site is pretty horrid also. No offense to the guy who made it, though, since you can't begrudge lack of talent.