Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Battle Of The PoMo SciFiFranchise Archetypes: clonetroopers vs borg

who would win? you make the call (if you need food or perhaps Drink for thought, refer to mm fashreport posts 119 & 121 )
    vt
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 06-02-2002 at 11:29 AM.

I would pick the Clonetroopers for the first battle at least, if we are to assume that the sides are evenly matched. Basically because, as stated in Ep2 the Clones are capable of creative thought. The Borg are little more than biological Battle Droids who must have their central control ship in order to function.

Of course the Borg have the ability to adapt to laser type blasts.

BORG can adapt to a phaser beam, a blaster bolt from the SW uni is different than a phaser beam.

I would say Clone Troopers overall because while the BORG could possibly have them whipped by their shields if they were able to adapt even a little to a blaster bolt which isn't on a frequency wave or anything like the phasers then the Clone Trooper's armor would definitely protect them from any assimilation or other stuff the BORGs would do in hand-to-hand combat.

Not too mention the Clones would have military capability, and hyperspace in the SW uni is more efficient than even ST transwarp considering you cannot join another ship's hyperspace jump like you can with WARP or Transwarp.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Blaster bolts are way more primative than phasers according to the tech I've seen, but blasters are far more advanced than bullets, so the Borg would almost certainly already be shielded to them. Any expelling gasses would deflect off those shields they wear.

There are more Borg, and if the clone trooper armor is as pitiful as stormtrooper armor, then the Clones haven't got a chance.

I am thinking about Lore's "independent" Borg for this battle though, that'd be an interesting fight.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think it was reported that the Clone Trooper armor was way more advanced than Stormtrooper armor. Remember the Clone Trooper and everything about them was developed on Kamino, while the Stormtrooper armor was to made for an unknown amount of troopers of different sizes and such so it was probably made the cheapest way they could make it since the key thing was to just make them look menacing, not to be able to fight, get hit, then fight more since they most likely forced recruiting.

One thing, would this be ground combat or aerial combat? Seems if it were aerial then the BORG would have the upper hand as it appears that the Clone Troopers' transport ships that can travel in space don't have that many ways to fight in space, if any.

I think BORG's personal shields adapt to the phaser frequencies and such, but a blaster bolt wouldn't have frequencies like a phaser for the BORG to adapt to. Even so though, due to the Clone Trooper's armor being tougher than Stormtrooper armor, most likely they would be able to get close enough even if just for a second to pull on the tube implants which could immobilize a drone depending on where the implant is.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Wink ground or ship2ship? let's do ground since it's more personal

if clones are all alike, maybe their guns are all alike too. so if borg adapt to one, maybe they adapt to all

bb: "Borg are little more than biological Battle Droids who must have their central control ship"
    -of course, it's pretty hard gettin to Their "control ship" (i.e. unicomplex/queenie)

ltb: "Clone Trooper's armor would definitely protect them from any assimilation"
    -maybe, but as holodoc sed in Scorpion 1, assimilation tubules are capable of penetrating any known alloy or forcefield

"they would be able to get close enough even if just for a second to pull on the tube implants"
    -of course, redesigned voy/firstcontact-era borg got a lot less protruding tubing
    clones vs. drones, clones vs. drones, place yer bets now
    vt

Alloy or forcefield in the known ST universe. The material used on Kamino for the Clone Trooper armor could be significantly different, after all just look at when Obi-Wan is on the landing pad, he didn't even need to put a towel on the seat to stop it from getting wet while the canopy was up! Plus it was "known" alloy or forcefields that most likely only Starfleet knew of plus possibly some other species' technology but there was still alot that wasn't known in the ST universe.

Clones do also have those ulitilty belts around them, surely they would have some mini-explosives on them which would most likely take out BORG drones or part on them. 'Course if they were able to adapt to their blaster rifles, they could always bring in their AT-TE walkers and squash'em.

Of course Clones would also most likely have non-blaster battle tactics in which they would fight with types of melee weapons or pure fist/kick fights.

I'll stick with Clones because they are much more human than drones and while they are genectically changed to follow orders they would still have more knowledge than an adverage drone, they would also seem to have more movement as the implants seem to allow "less efficient" movement which they would only be equipped with movement that would be efficient on a BORG cube and since we never saw "ground crews" being tampered with to allow for more maneuverability, quite possibly it would be an ally to the clones.

Thumbs up i think my money's still on queenie's team :kiss:

ltb: "(clones) would still have more knowledge than an adverage drone"
    -nah, cuz drones have access to all Collective knowledge

"implants seem to allow 'less efficient' movement"
    -on the other hand, they do allow for mechanically amped strength, so one elbow-to-the-windpipe could break a clone's neck
    ok, how bout this: sw clones vs. trek clones, aka jemhadar (postage-stamp-headed dominion dogsoldiers)?
    VicTory is life

I'd say Clonetroopers would win for 2 reasons ;

1) The Borg drones look dumb, whereas CTs look cool
    2) I prefer Star Wars to Star Trek

Now, I'd like to see a fight between the Queen of the Collective and the Queen of Naboo. and I mean Amidala, not that frumpy lady-dowager from Ep2!

jeddah