Hybrid View

Episode I diecast found

I visited a KB Toy Works in Batavia NY today, and to my surprise I found a whole bunch of Episode I die cast ships on trilingual cards for a clearance price of $3.99. The original price was supposedly $12.99 according to the sticker. I assume that is a Canadian price. Expensive nevertheless.

They only had the four initial ships to sel (the Gian Speeder, Trade Fed Battleship, the Royal Starship and the Droid Federation Starfighter). Don't know if this is a local thing or not.
    Last edited by Lowly Bantha Cleaner; 06-02-2002 at 12:03 AM.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Scratch that Canadian price thought. I forgot there are no KBs in Canuckleland.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Not local, they had these out in LA 3 weeks ago, and I heard reports from other places in the US.

BTW, KB sorta makes up those higher prices in part so they can later "slash high prices". Pay little mind to their trickery.

Good find though, I only saw the Royal Starship and Droid Starfighter.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Have any other Galoob Star Wars items been seen in KBs or any other stores recently? Maybe I'll seen have a reason to go to a toy store and look for Star Wars toys. I don't remember the last time I bought a Star Wars toy from a store, hmm it was probably the Trophy Maul I picked up for Jedi Goofy 4 or 5 months ago.

Later,
    S43