Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    KB toy in golf mill mall had 3 of each of the red and yellow clone troopers and toys r us on milwaukee and golf had 1 x-wing
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]CENSORED X 5[/FONT]CENSORED X 5

Target on Meacham had the accessory sets as of noon today:
    Hoth - 2x
    Endor - 2x
    Arena - 3x
    Death Star - 1x

Also had some action fleet stuff I didn't really look at.

Found a lone vader unleashed ($16.99) sitting on the top shelf at Meijers on Randall in Elgin. Nothing else new anywhere else. The vader is fingin' awesome!

Dooku & Dexter

Just found them both on the star wars fan club store site

look under actions figures and page down one or two pages.... they are there

http://swfan.wizards.com/

selling for $5.99.... free 3-day shipping after $40 purchase

they also had geonisian warrior and anakin hanger duel--all of which I believe are hard to find

they charged me tax, however.... which I was surprised by--I also figure the internet is tax free. heck.... I dont even know who the tax is going to.

probably the lucas tax.

oh well.... I finally picked up the troop builder set there as well....so, with tax and free shipping, a $6.00 per figure average for some rare ones was probably an OK deal

check it out

-Rash Flembar-

p.s. anybody found the death star accessory set?

A death mark is not an easy thing to live with.

Why did you pay so much for a Dooku and a Dex? Dex is a peg warmer most places and a Dooku isn't that hard anymore? It doesn't matter, it's only a dollar or two difference.

I do have the Death Star Accesory set. It is pretty good. The trooper is just like the FF DST, so that's nothing to special. The guns and other stuff is a smart addition to the collection. It's about time Hasbro got a brain.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I havent seen dooku or dex anywhere yet.... and a few posts back somebody said to grab 'em if you saw 'em so I did. besides, even if I could have got them a dollar cheaper it is worth it not to go out driving and searching

oh well. I am content

Oh sure, it's easier than driving. I agree . I've seen scores of Dooku's and Dex, so to me they just aren't anything special. It doesn't matter . It would be smarter to buy them all on line, but then I'd loose the thrill of the hunt . It makes for some fun when you find new stuff, or other things you are looking for. Besides Star Wars, I've found tons of real nice clothing that I can wear to work. I haven't paid regular price for an article of clothing for the longest time. If I didn't go shopping for Star War, I wouldn't have a nice wardrobe that cost me pennies on the dollar .

hate to tell you icatch.... but your beloved martha stewart collection might not be around too much longer

dont get me wrong.... I still like to go out and shop, I just dont go searching unless Im right there by a target or wal-mart or whatever.... and most of you guys clear out the pegs on the good ones pretty fast

Im still waiting for the inevitable coming mark-downs to pick up the peg warmers

BUT.... when somebody posts that a ship or figure I really want is right there at a store nearby.... Im there.... ie the new accessory sets

I would never have found the TIE bomber at regular retail if it wasnt for this board

so....when I can give back I do

gee... arent we all just one big happy family?

-Rash Flembar-

Um...Martha Stewart???. I guess that's a joke I don't get. I don't shop at K Mart becasue they closed.

Shopping and searching are the only way to find things you want. If you can wait then that's good. I can wait too, but I still shop. It's easy for me becasue I pass the big 3 on the way home from work everyday. Plus we go to other stores just to go. It's what I've always done. If you don't shop you are never going to find it. That's my philosophy . I shop and I find a lot, it's not a big secret or luck, it's just time .

Figured I'd chime in now. Been to stores everyday. Still haven't found new figs since accessory sets a few days ago. KB in Chicago Ridge tonight had 12" clone troopers. Not interested. Currently trying to angle a trade to get me a Sacul for some Japanese pepsi bottle caps I ran across this week. Hopefully will have some luck there. If you've never seen them, they are pretty cool - lots of detail for their size. See
    http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps...bay/browse/633

Stuck on 42 figs, waiting for Maul & new Anakin.
    Last edited by u156446; 08-09-2002 at 10:57 PM.