I need your wisdom

I have a question for all those vintage collectors who can remember buying vintage during the actual releases of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ (not me!).

How much was, on average, each figure during their initial releases. Any real price change as the years progressed (1977 - 1983) between the figs. And how much did the 12 inch retail during that time, and any vehicles you can think of.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Cool

I was at the age where most of the figures were bought as gifts, so I don't recall the prices. I seem to think they were in the $1.49 range at first, then $1.99, ending up about $2.99-4.99, depending on where you bought 'em. As to the 12" line, they were at of my price range (maybe $12.99 or so?), so it was just the 3 3/4" for me!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I distinctly remember the price of $2.79 on all of my ROTJ figures, the only ones I actually bought with my own money.

Two figures for the price of one POTJ figure. Ahhh, nostalgia!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Prices here were around $6-$7 each,which is about $US3
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

The first figures I purchased in 1978 came in at around $1.79. I think they got up to $2.79-$2.99 by the time the ROTJ line ended.

As far as the "large size action figures", as they were called back then... I recall them being priced somewhere around $12.99-$13.99 here in Ohio. At that point I never even DREAMED of getting a single one of these. I just would go to the store and look at them. *sigh*

Oh, well... at least I got a bulk of the 3 3/4" line before they were discontinued and replaced by those icky "Droids" and "Ewoks" figures.

=============
    As far as Vehicles... I recall the Millennium Falcon going for $34.99 and the Death Star playset going for something like $24.99. My friend had a landspeeder, which was $7.99 and an X-Wing, $12.99. Believe me... those prices seemed like a million dollars back then!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 09-28-2001 at 03:58 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The action figures will cost between $2.00 and $4.00, sometimes $5.00!!! I got a vintage princes Leia waaay back in 1981 in $5.00 it was in Vail Colorado!!
    As always...........L