Question Vintage better than New???

In your guys's opinion, are there any Vintage figures who have stood the test of time, and you find them much better than the newer figures of them? If so, who? Personally I believe that the Jawa, and the Emporers Royal Guard are still the best after all these years. So, what do you think?
    [COLOR=blue][b]"There is another..."[/b][/COLOR]

Emperor's Royal Guard and Jawa, definitely! I still like the vintage Emperor better than anything I've seen from the new line, something about the old figures actually being able to sit down. As for other "they were better the first time":

Bib Fortuna
    Nikto
    Klaatu
    Weequay
    Barada
    Yakface
    Wicket
    Logray
    Han Endor
    Leia Endor
    Luke Jedi
    Biker Scout
    Hoth Rebel Soldier
    Rebel Commando
    Boba Fett (yes even better than the 300th )
    Squidhead
    Power Droid
    Threepio
    B-Wing Pilot
    A-Wing Pilot

the list goes on....

Oh yeah, all the vintage vehicles.

Bib fortuna and the emperor's royal guard are way better than their POTF2 counterparts...the remote found in the vintage falcon gives points to the past, but i preffer the new one better.
    As always...........L

Thumbs up

Many of the cloth figures are better, in my opinion.

My list:
    Hoth Han
    Endor Han
    Emp's Royal Guard
    Bib
    Jedi Luke
    Boushh
    Skiff Lando
    Yoda
    Lobot

+ probably more
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Ahh yes, Yoda. What an amazing array of accessories for such a tiny little figure! The fact that he had a tiny cloth cloak that was fastened on by a real working belt was incredible. Back when the word of the day was 'playability' not 'collectibility.'

It's too bad Hasbro doesn't have the same dedication to quality as Kenner did back then. Nowadays, all we get are immobile plastic cloaks and capes that destroy any play value a toy might've had. Sure the sculpting is superior now, but to call today's non-poseable chunks of plastic "action-figures" is close to heresy.

One word "Lobot"!

Vintage Jawas are better than the 2pack versions
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Pretty much all of the ROTJ line from the vintage was superb! The faces still lacked the detail and accuracy, but overall they were much better toys!

I liked the Hoth Luke and Hoth Han and all the original Threepio sculpts.

The BIG bonus was that the toys were much sturdier back in the day... I chalk that up to the fact that these were meant to be toys and not "collectibles" per se.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**