Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zam's Speeder?

Zam's Speeder?

I just bought the new Zam Wessel figure. Besides the extra face and her legs, this is an awesome figure. Now, I want to get her speeder, but I need to know if it's any good. Is it? Does her figure fit into the speeder well? What's the deal? And while we're on the topic, how good is Anakin's speeder? What Anakin and Obi figures fit into it best?
    "Flanders was a zombie?"

-Homer Simpson

Dar' Argol is a good guy to trade with!!!

I like Zam's Speeder, but I only have the Preview Zam, and it doesn't fit in it to well.

Don't have Anakin's Speeder yet.

I have the SAGA Zam and she fits into her speeder well, as do most SAGA figures...ie boba. Highly recommend this speeder, it doesn't look nearly as good in the box as it does out. Great detail, great product.

Anakin's speeder looks cool, but if you want to put ani or obi in the speeder, you'll have to cut their legs off. No one fits in that thing.
    Up your nose with a rubber hose

F the Fat Man

I read in Toyfare this thing has "crumple zones"? It says the front end crumples up when you do the damage effect.
    Is that supposed to be like when she crashes into the building? Does it actually fold up?

End .
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Yeah it Crumples up just like in the film.

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    Yeah it Crumples up just like in the film.
    Cool. I'm definitely getting this one now. I thought that was all hard plastic.
    Thanks for telling me Battle Droid.

End :happy:.
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

I love Zam's Speeder. The crumple effect is done very well. The outer covering of the two front prongs are rubber, making it look like they're really curmpled up! I was quite impressed with it.

The only thing I don't like is that neither Zam fits in too well. I have both the Preview Zam and the Saga Zam and they both fit in there pretty unnaturally. Not quite sure how Master ToNone got his Zam to look good in that cockpit. If you could remove her "skirt" I think she'd fit pretty good.
    "A gift from god may sear unready
    fingers." --Octavia E. Butler

Star Wars Action Figure Reviews
    http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com

I bought the saga Zam for the sole reason that I had the vehicle.

However, she does NOT fit. I can't get her to even look like she fits in there... she doesn't fit one bit... seriously, you might as well be trying to make Muftak look good in there.

Zam will fit in her speeder quite well, it's just making her look like she's actually piloting the ship and not just taking a snooze that is the trouble and it's impossible because of the plastic skirt and her right arm being gimmickized instead of being like the other arm. Had her skirt been cloth and both arms had the arm articulation then I think she would be perfect for the speeder but...

If you get the speeder for Zam then I suggest you taking the canopy piece off then fiddling with it until you can get her left arm to grab the left control stick and that's the best that can be done with it, if you don't though she'll go tossing and turning around inside it and you'll have to keep opening it up and putting her back because the whole thing is also too open for her to just securely stay there.

I got Anakin's speeder on Saturday, it's pretty cool, it has the crunching gimmick too but not as severe as Zam's since it has a smaller area that can be "crunched" but it's a very nice ship...just unless you want possibly damaged figures of Ani and Obi you won't be able to get them into the speeder the right way.

I was barely able to even fit E2 3PO into the small area for the feet! I had Mace's battle droid in there first though, really added to it when you'd crash it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"