Hybrid View

Captain Antilles

Hey all!

I've been trying to find some info on Captain Antilles. There's nothing in the Guide to Characters, Encyclopedia, or 2nd Edition Guide to the Universe. I don't know about the 3rd edition b/c I don't have one.

Does anybody have some insight?
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Hmmm...nope, but if it helps im going to search the essential chronology, maybe there's something there, although i dont think the chances are good.
    As always...........L

Question What's up?

I haven't checked the Essential Chronology either. But that poses a very significant question. Why is there no info on Captain Antilles?

We have info on nearly every minor character in the Original Trilogy. I even read about the female preying manits creature in the cantina from the Encyclopedia, but no Captain Antilles....
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/

At this site they say that Captain Colton Antilles was the former owner of Threepio and Artoo, and that he performed Threepio's memory wipe before his death on the Tantive IV.

Where they got this info, I'll never know. Might've just made it up.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

All your questions are answered in that old Frank Capra film
    "Mr. Antilles goes to Coruscant."

C-3PO says something about their former owner being a Captain Antilles in ANH. I think there may also be something on the Behind the Magic CD.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

In the movie their former master was Capt. Antilles.

In the book it's Capt. Colton.

To combine those two names together is very clever, IMO. I'll start calling him that.

But Captain Antilles is the Captain of the Tantive IV, Leia's ship that gets boarded at the beginning of ANH. Capt. Antilles is the poor shmoe that Vader strangles while looking for the secret plans("We intercepted..no...transmission...URRK".) He is related to neither Wedge Antilles, nor the Senator Bail Antilles of Alderaan from TPM. "Antilles" is the Star Wars galaxy version of "Smith"

Wink

I know what George Lucas would say:
    "You'll just have to wait and check out E2 and E3."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Unhappy

Well guys, it looks like we all know the basics of one Captain Antilles. Unfortunately, I was looking for a little more.

I think you're right Bel. We'll have to wait for Ep. 2 & 3. I think it is rather odd there is no other info on him, unless Lucas has been planning to use him again at some point.

Or...

This could be just some major oversight by all the writers and creative thinkers tooling around w/ the SW universe. It would amount to one of Hasbro's major screw jobs on a figure.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!