Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Darkside?

The Darkside?

If it's not stronger than the Lightiside or the Force then how come it can be used to stop the Jedi from using the Force in AOTC?

Seem's stronger to me. So Yoda must be wrong in TESB.

Maybe it's because they haven't had that much contact with the Dark Side in many, many years. They probably don't know how to deal with it when it accumulates in AOTC.
    Also, there is just so much stuff going on: the attacks on Amidala, the creation of a Republic Army, the Jedi's throughts are all over the place. They couldn't concentrate on just the Dark Side. And besides, the Dark Side is sneaky .

End .
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

At this point the light side has been stronger in the past and the dark side is now starting to "balance" everything out. Thus the prophecy.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: The Darkside?

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    If it's not stronger than the Lightiside or the Force then how come it can be used to stop the Jedi from using the Force in AOTC?

Seem's stronger to me. So Yoda must be wrong in TESB.
    They have different properties. They haven't been stopped from using the force, they simply can't see the machinations of those employing the dark side of the force. The force becomes unbalanced when things go from utopian to hostile as is happening with the impending emergence of Palpatine's Empire and it's domination of the galaxy.
    ubi mel ibi apes

my (unpopular) theory is that the jedi are using the light side of the force for a multitude of things all throughout the galaxy, and the sith are using the dark side of the force to do only a couple of things (there are only two of them) and therefore the light side comes out diluted, and the dark side seems stronger...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Not to mention the fact that no living Jedi had even SEEN (or KNOWN that they had seen) a Sith until TPM. (Palpatine=Sidious)

The Sith War was over 1,000 years before TPM...that was even before YODA was born.
    May the force be with you.

To answer the Yoda question, you could simply say that Yoda was just lying. We know Obi-wan told Anakin "the truth", from a certain point-of-view, so we shouldn't put it past Yoda. He didn't want Luke to end up like his father. In reality, I don't think the darkside itself is more powerful, or how could the force even be balenced?
    The force will be with you- always...

darthvyn i think you got something there, or i could just be that since the jedi havn'yt paid attention to the darkside it's slowly creeping up on them and now they can't stop it.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

the dark side of the force is like the chick that hung out with the football team in high school... quicker, easier, more seductive... but it's got side effects that will drive you insane and decay your body prematurely... .

i'm not saying it's actually stronger, but serioiusly, if you multi-task, do you really do everything at the best of your ability? or does everything take a little longer, maybe even cutting corners to get it done... on the other hand, if you have one goal, say, the conquering of an entire galaxy, and you focus on that goal, which side sounds stronger? which side will get their goal finished with first? that's why i think the jedi can't sense the dark side... they're too busy with all the other problems in the galaxy to see the largest one on their plate... they can't see the forest for the trees.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Keep in mind that when all is said and done, the light side of the force triumphs in the end.