Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In which Year??

Hybrid View

Question In which Year??

In which year is this movie scheduled to come out?? 2005??? Or maybe less...maybe more????

Do you know??
    As always...........L

Tentatively 2005, although I wouldn't mind seeing it sooner...

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Tentatively 2005, although I wouldn't mind seeing it sooner...
    Around May 20,2005 Who wouldn't want to see it sooner?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I worry that I'll have completely lost interest by then. I'll have all three "Lord of the Rings" movies on DVD long before Mr. Lucas wraps up the SW series...
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Question

What is this "Lord of The Rings" movie about?? and why 3 DVD's?? there are 3 movies already???
    As always...........L

Originally posted by Lobito
    What is this "Lord of The Rings" movie about?? and why 3 DVD's?? there are 3 movies already???

J.R.R. Tolkein's literary masterpiece is being adapted into films coming out this, next and the following Christmas holiday season. The Lord of the Rings consists of three books "The Fellowship of the Ring" "The Two Towers" and "The Return of the King" They filmed all three at once to save money.

If you've never read "the Lord of the Rings", then shame on you but it's about a Hobbitt (heard of them?) named Frodo who is given a ring, that is desired by the ultimate evil named Sauron. Frodo and his allies decide the only way to destroy Sauron is to destroy the ring. And the only way to do that is throw it into the volcano it was forged in, which just happens to be right in the middle of Sauron's kingdom. The trilogy follows Frodo and his "Fellowship of 9" across middle earth in their efforts to destroy Sauron and the ring. It's epic stoytelling at it finest and the movies are going to vie with Star Wars as one of the best cinematic trilogies of all time...

Thumbs up

Thanks Rollo!! I'll have to look for those movies when they come out in DVD. I love the adventure/storytelling films!!
    As always...........L

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    It's epic stoytelling at it finest and the movies are going to vie with Star Wars as one of the best cinematic trilogies of all time...

I' be the judge of that
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Yeah... it's 2005-

I found it a total CHORE to get through those Tolkein books. I found no way to get into the story. Oh, well. Needless to say- I don't give a rat's A$s about the upcoming film. I liked C.S. Lewis' "Narnia Chronicles"... much more interesting to me!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Chronicles of Narnia!!! yes! I love those also. I used to read them when i was little all the time, maybe once a year. I didn't realize they were a parable for Christianity until about two years ago.

If I had my druthers they would make these three fantasy series into movie franchises.

Chronicles of Narnia (good ones with big FX budgets, not those cheapy BBC versions)

Prydian series (the adventures of Taran, the assistant pigkeeper. They made the Black Cauldron as a Disney film, but it only scratched the surface of this excellent series.)

The Xanth books. (please oh please oh please oh please....)