Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Hasbro and GL petitions. Stop the exclusives and give us a voice!!

Hello all,
    This was originally Eternal Padawans idea and he should get the credit(if any ) for this movement.Brandon was also helpful in providing an address for LFL.Thanks to you both.
    I rewrote the petitions slightly just for more clarity and had my wife proof read them.She went to Rutgers,I went to Hell in a hand basket.

Anyway.Please read them,make copies and hand them out in the toy aisles and to other collectors every where.For those of you who are interested in participating,take them to the other forum sites as well.
    Let's set this thing on fire!!I'd like to see 10,000 of both sent out.
    Not all that hard really.Considering how many of us there are.
    There are some who donnot agree with this,so if there is any flames here,please do not respond.Lets not take a chance on getting the thread closed.
    One final note.In both petitions it speaks of representatives from each site and venue.
    I disqualify myself from any such position.If the request ever came to pass.It would be major cheese for me to even think about it after having written the petitions.
    Now lets see if I can do this right.
    I had to come back and remind you all that there two seperate petitions.The download number aren't even.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dryanta; 06-04-2002 at 09:19 AM.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

And here is the second petition.Pleaseshow your support by adding the thread to your signature!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very nice, Dryanta. I think all of our concerns were expressed in both of these, and I hope that both Lucas and Hasbro will at least listen to some of these ideas, if not all (if they can, that is).
    I too like the idea of getting people from the fan sites together and have them work with Hasbro on getting the best figures made. I actually thought about this a while ago. I told myself that if I ever get rich, I'd buy out part of Hasbro and get people from SSG to work with them, . I guess I wasn't the only one with this thought .
    I'll send them in.

End .
    Last edited by Lman316; 06-03-2002 at 04:28 PM.
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Ver nice Dryanta.I happen to like the Collector Focus Group and Website idea.I'll be sure to add the link in my signature
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Hey IJG!!
    I'm glad you cpould open them alright this time!!
    I did it all by myself
    And Lman thanks for the kind words and welcome back bud.

Originally posted by Dryanta
    Hey IJG!!
    I'm glad you cpould open them alright this time!!
    I did it all by myself
    And Lman thanks for the kind words and welcome back bud.
    Thanks, Dryanta. It's good to be back .

End .
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Well, it can't hurt to give it a shot. I'll mail these off tomorrow. Hopefully there is enough of a reaction to actually make a difference.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

we're getting there.Now I'd like to ask this before everyone shows up later.Are there any volunteers to take these to the other sites.If not,give me some names and I can go else where,register and post them.Didn't know if some here would be able to do it.
    I plan on making copies and having them with me when I hit the stores.Any students may be able to get multiple signatures as well.
    Any number of ways to spread the word.Work,school,the theaters,were ever fans might be found.
    I'd also like to find out in a few weeks how many were sent.Try and keep track it might be a good topic for some one to start in a few weeksThanks for the support so far.I think we could have a tigger by the tail if we handle it right.

Do you want to do this as one set of letters per person, or have several people sign one letter and send it off? Would it really make a difference?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I can't say it would make any difference.As long as they get the idea that we're serious about this.I personally will get getting signatures as well a giving copies.Keeping a master with signatures and sending any signees away with the same petitions.So hopefully they will also get a couple sigs.
    I picked the number of 10,000 signatures as a target because of the rumored 5,000 shuttles.Maybe that alone would show them there is a larger demand then their estimates.
    Thanks for the response BigB.I know this can't hurt.Even if it's gets no response from Hasbro or Lucas we could use it as a type of therapy,instead of just empty,unheard complaining.
    Any body be able to supply email addresses for both reciepents?
    It might be a little more incentive for people to participate.Flood both snail and email.