Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index....;threadid=2610

Please everyone read the compliment paid to ALL of us in this thread.I posted a reply this maorning but I'm not sure if it showed up.
    I will be back in abit to edit this post with more info.I wanted you all to read this.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Parse error: parse error in /home/sdp/sites/jawacom/www/YaBBse/Sources/Subs.php(387) : regexp code on line 1

Fatal error: Failed evaluating code: '[/code]'.doparsecodesmilies('Honestly, what is the point of this ridiculous campaign? You\\\'re berating Hasbro and George Lucas for putting out more product at less availability? You need to focus on your need to have a complete collection. So you can\\\'t have every figure or variation that is released. The only reason this would madden someone is if they were fanatical to have EVERYTHING released by Hasbro. And that devotion is just not a healthy one. I\\\'m not saying that at one point I wanted to have a complete collection, but you should take heed from George Lucas\\\' message of the Jedi. Don\\\'t become too attached to anything materialistic; it\\\'s not healthy. And Hasbro and Lucas have one aim--to make money. They know that fans are fanatical and want everything and do this to maintain interest in the line. If you couldn\\\'t tell, there is much AOTC merchandise sitting on shelves already. It is a marketing tool that always works because people want EVERYTHING. in /home/sdp/sites/jawacom/www/YaBBse/Sources/Subs.php on line

heh?

I got the same thing.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Oh, well... It looks like we're getting noticed anyhow!!

I printed them off and will send them tonight!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I've been looking at that. i dont know what to make of it. whenever there's an apostephoe, there's \\ before it. i dont get it. it's disguised as an error message. or something.

Hello to all,
    I said I'd edit my previous post but there have been enough replies that I didn't want this to get lost.
    I am not comfortable with the possible "leadership" position I find myself with.I have been somewhat over loaded with info over the last 6 days.And YOU all and this movement deserve more than I can provide.We need a real comission of equals in voice and activity.
    Now to the lessons I learned from another with experience in these matters.
    I volunteered to write these petitions.I also came at it with a shotgun approach.The petitons try and cover to much at once.And they suffer from a lack of being precise.I have read alot of opinions and tried to combine most of them.Not all.A mistake.
    The advice is this.Change tactics.Build a real concensus among collectors.Step back and approach it all from a "middleman" view point.Instead of a purely collector view point.
    He also said if or when we get the support of someone who has the ability to help us,he may be too overwhelmed.Keep it simple.
    So here is my proposal.We form a commission of collectors of all views and opinions.I will start a new thread.Drop the exclusive issue FOR NOW,and also the quality issue and push hard for the voice,with Hasbro.And I mean a real voice.Elected reps and all.That idea has not changed.Neither has anything else,but we need a foot in the door to be able make head way with the other stuff.
    There is no concensus on the exclusive thing.I want them availible to every one every where.There alot of different ideas of how to do that.With a real voice we could then get a solutuion that will work for everyone.But we need that voice.
    I hope I am making sense here.
    Ignor the previous petitions.Don't send any.New ones need to be done.With the focus on the voice.We need it to deal with everything else.And no one can honstly say they don't want a say.
    Jason B is looking into the possibilty of a web site for this.
    I do not want this to die off.But on a personal note.I have restarted Physical therapy.And I'm not up to much right now.We need volunteers to go the other sites and get input.We need volunteers to gain support,and encourage input.We need alot of workers.Real workers who will step up and out.If we get enough it will be alot easier.I can't do it right now.I am sorry but I can't.I will do all I can,but I need alot of help to make this work.You all deserve better than I can do right now.And so does all the other collectors out there.Please step up.Lets form a formal commission and get to it.I would like a two week input period.Then based on what the comission learns we will be able to move once we have our voice.I hope to have new petitions by the weekend.If anybody else would like to write some as well,go for it.WE NEED INPUT!! Now what do you all want to do now?
    Now the compliment that no one can read.We were called "the fans we all want to be,but just never bother."That was from a moderator at another site.
    Well?

I think the first issue we need to resolve is which complaint to bring to Hasbro first. For me, the Quality Control issue is a much bigger one than the Exclusive issue. So maybe we should make a list of all the complaints and basically vote on which one to approach first. Collectors seem pretty 50/50 about the exclusives issue, but I know that there are some complaints out there that most everyone can agree with.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I agree with BigB on the Quality Control issue.I've seen more and more poorly painted figures.The exclusives are still an issue,but I think we need to start maybe in Quality Control.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

wow, i couldnt find this thread, pretty badm huh? ...
    ok, my uncle, (Dryanta, if you didnt know, ) asked me to put this in the thread. not sure what it means, maybe you know.

Please go to the petition thread and tell them I wanted to know from BigB and IJG if those posts are hands up to volunteer to be on a commision of 11.
    well?

Rainy day and I've got a few minutes.
    One other bit of advice I recieved was to take just enough of a leadership role to keep things going.But to form a commission of collectoirs to get widely varied input and then meet and decide what to include,leave out and find a happy medium on.
    The number of 11 is the number of poeple on the commision.

I will be one if everyone agrees.But if we were to get a commision to deal with Hasbro,I still excuse myself from that.
    Now I would like to nominate Insane Jedi Girl,BigB,and brandon for the commission.I would also like to nominate Jar Jar and emporer Jargo.But I can't.If either is interested please make contact.Those two are about as varied from each other as you can get,and that is what we need.We need nominations and volunteers.
    Once we reach our varied 11 we can then start a new thread seeking input.Then meet with each other and decipher what we have.The other sites will have to wait a bit.
    We will all get a different site to go to and handle.I can't handle more than one.I've tried and can't do it.
    O.K. is all in agreement?Those nominated by me do you accept?
    Are there more nominations?I'm leaving for Jersey at the end of next week,and I would like to have new petition(s) posted here in Maine and post some in Jersey.I'll pick them up before I come home and then gather the rest.
    The before posted link now works.Please read it.
    Also,I would nominate Jason B,but he is a fan but not really a collector.So his input will be much better used helping me with the computer side of this.Honorable mention to him.Any and all questions about that aspect should be addressed to him.He also is also looking into the possibility of a seperate website we could link everyone to and also an online petition that can be signed on line.What do we have for Nominations,questions,and ideas?Do we have any who accept?Any ideas?