Thread: New Jedi Order

Question New Jedi Order

Hi,
    I've been thinking of starting to read the New Jedi Order series of books,and was wondering if someone can give me the correct order in they are to be read,since I have just started work in a comic-book store,and have put all they had away for me to pick up,but I'm hoping someone can give me the full list,so I can order any I might be missing

Thanks alot.
    "Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    In the front of every book in the series is a novel timeline of ALL the Star Wars books so far, in chronological order (chronological in terms of the fictional Star Wars galaxy, not in terms of release). The first book in the NJO series was Vector Prime. that should get you started.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Thumbs down

Read Vector Prime and then stop there. The NJO series is poor, in my opinion. Reminds me of the DC Comics Millenium or Marvel Atlantis Attacks series. Booooooring!

But Eternal Padawan is correct about the inside cover timeline. You should copyright your explanation, EP, since you seem to be saying that a lot to people!
    "That's what Sheev said."

The explanation takes less time and effort than typing out all nineteen (and counting) titles.

Do you think once they are done with the series, they will retroactively go back and add more books in that took place during this era of Star Wars?

I could easily see them doing a Tales of the NJO type anthology that takes place during different times in the war. We could see what various characters were up to during the invasion like Boba Fett.
    My backpack's got jets
    I'm boba the fett
    I bounty hunt for jabba hutt
    To finance my vette
    -----------------------------------
    "Fett's 'Vette" - MC Chris

Exclamation

"Four score and ______ years ago, our fathers brought forth on this _________, a new _____ conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created ______."

Now, create a series of books with this much information available to you.

That's what Lucasbooks is dealing with right now. After we know "everything" that Lucas puts on screen, there will be a LOT of Star Wars books. I just hope the quality is good.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Personally, I am very happy with the New Jedi Order series. I like, I love it, I want more of it!

Anyway, I do like it. A few of the books have been ho-hum, or have gone nowhere fast, but for the most part, I really like it.

I think most people are just bitter they killed Chewie still, and based on some moral highground they got from who knows where, they are boycotting them. I mean, Chewie had become the most worthless character in the books. He was a babysitter for 15 years, and once the kids grew up, he was REALLY worthless. He was never used, and all he did was growl and fix the Falcon. IMO it was a great move.

I can't wait to find the new book.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I enjoy reading the NJO, but like BCJ's said before, it doesn't seem it's really going anywhere and plays havoc with the existing mythology. Some of the books are excellent, but some suck (cough, Dark Journey, cough cough, Balance Point) and you have to suffer through them.

Oh, and more characters, worlds, ships, etc are destroyed in the Yuuzhan Vong invasion than in the entire Civil War, which is starting to get really farfetched.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, the Empire wasn't out to DESTROY the entire galaxy. They just wanted to keep it in line with force (or threat of force). The Vong (tee hee. they HATE it when you call them that...) simply want to kill everything. If the Empire had wanted to destroy the galaxy they would have been much more efficient at it.

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Read

But Eternal Padawan is correct about the inside cover timeline. You should copyright your explanation, EP, since you seem to be saying that a lot to people!
    Don't I know it...

ROLLO!