Hybrid View

Story of the Nemoidians

Ok, so technically this isn't from a comic or book, but I didn't know where to post this, so....
    Did anyone check out the story in the new Star Wars Insider on how the Duros evolved into Nemoidians? I thought it was a great way to explain the similarities between the two species. For anyone who didn't read it, Duro colonists were left on Nemoidia about 25000 years ago where they evolved into what Nemiodians look like now. The only thing it didn't explain was where the Neimoidians picked up English, or as its known in some SW books, Basic. But the part about the grub nurseries where the Nemoidian babies either fend for themselves or starve really explains why the Nemoidians are so self centered. I don't know, I thought it was cool, just thought I'd write a post about it.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Well, you see, some Duros were born with slight mutations. Some of these mutations enabled them to better deal with their environment. Over time, individuals with these mutations overtook the existing population and became a new species.

It's all in a book called Origin of the Species. I think the guy who wrote it was named Charles something-or-other. . . maybe it starts with a D. Derwent? Darvin?

Just kidding.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

you so crazy.

Lightbulb

Actually, the Insider got that info from excerpts from The Essential Guide to Alien Species that came out this year. Lots of cool side stories in it.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Yeah, that's right, I didn't mean to discredit the real source, that's just where I got the story from, the Insider. I wish I could check out that Essential Guide to Alien Species, but I don't have the money. There should be some sort of fan database, where people that have read the stuff other people can't or haven't inform anyone who wants to know. I'm sure such a thing exists and someone will reply to this and say, "hey dummy, they already have that, it's at so-and so.........."

Thumbs up

Its true...Ellors Madak (Duro) and the Neimoidians look alike!! Thats what happens when you dont compare your figures one by one...
    Last edited by Lobito; 09-21-2001 at 07:30 PM.
    As always...........L

Lightbulb

Fulit, while I don't necessarily condone my own actions, I have a few subscriptions at Barnes and Noble. They're called the Read Them in the Store on a Bench subscription. That's how I check up on the Lee's Action Figure Digests, Wizard, or Toy Fare. I've found it works just as well for books, too! Try it. Or don't, because it's not really right.

p.s. I am not the person who opens the bagged magazines. I only read already opened ones. I will simply not damage unbought items, just to glance through them. That is criminal, literally.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."