Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil are the only two even TOLERABLE.

Tomb Raider wouldn't have been so bad if the conversations weren't like this:

Laura: Well, we are both TOMB RAIDERS.
    Other guy: Yes, And we are the two best TOMB RAIDERS there are. No reason two TOMB RAIDERS shouldn't work together.
    Laura: I am a TOMB RAIDER who works alone...but.....let's go RAID SOME TOMBS fellow TOMB RAIDER......

I wanted to tape my mouth shut and scream until my eyeballs flew out of my head and bounced off the screen, then hitting the projector, which would then stop the nightmare!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

The only video game movie I have ever seen is Mortal Kombat. It was enjoyable but I wouldn't call it a good movie. I didn't bother to take a chance on the sequel.

I tend to stay away from video game movies since I saw previews for Super Mario Brothers and Street Fighter and realized that they had pretty much no respect for the source material.

Resident Evil was showing promise with the trailers, until that girl Matrix-kicked that dog. At that point I thought, "Nevermind."

Did anyone see Final Fantasy? How was that one?

Final Fantasy was a BEAUTIFUL movie. Some of the animation was quite breathtaking. However the story was kind of....well.....not great. But worth seeing for the animation alone.

The "Matrix-kick" was lame....but it really didn't detract too much from the movie. I thought the best thing about RE, was that it didn't ignore its roots. It stayed very true to the video game stories, and even the story was very "game-ish". Not great by any means, but much better than I expected.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

That seems to be pretty much the consensus of everyone who's seen FF: beautiful visuals, so-so storyline.

Although one criticism I heard made me laugh, the guy said, "It was a good movie, but it didn't follow any of the continuity of the FF game series." Uhh, there is no such thing as continuity between the FF games. Obviously someone has never played any of them.

I do plan to check out Resident Evil when it hits video (I don't rent DVDs as people never take care of them and I would rather watch the movie all the way through without it skipping every few minutes).

Originally posted by JediTricks
    MJ, are you on, like, a morphine drip or something? How else could you tolerate SMB?!? That film is pure dreck, I cannot think of one redeeming thing about it.
    The movie could have been worse. It came out when I was 9 years old and liked it then. It must still have some place in my heart today.

I guess I'm saying it's tolerable because I've seen a lot more movies that are a lot worse.

MK2,SMB,TR and SF all sucked big time.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Super Mario Bros I can barely remember, though they didn't really have much to base the material on so it was inevitable that it would not sit too well

Double Dragon - Alyssa Milano, Robert Patrick and Mark Dacascos couldn't save this tripe.

Street Fighter - ugh

Mortal Kombat Annihilation - One of the worst movies ever made. However I enjoyed MK quite a bit.

Resident Evil - I don't really consider this to be a game to movie conversion as Anderson sci-fi'd what was a classic horror scenario. With that mindset I was able to enjoy the movie.

Final Fantasy - Seen it once, couldn't sit through it again.

Jonna
    I actually think that Resident Evil was a good movie. My girlfriend is really into horror movies and Resident Evil made her jump quite a few times.

Every movie based on a video game is pretty terrible except Resident Evil. I thought that movie was actually good for what it was, and it actually was made as a companion piece to the game rather than rehashing the storyline.

My vote for worst film would go to Final Fantasy, simply because of the ridiculous amount of money put into that gimmick. I live in Honolulu where the studio were it was shot was located, and the huge loss on that film forced the studio's shutdown.

Jonna
    Ya, I love the games, but the movie put my Girlfriend to sleep and almost did the same to me.