Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Worst movies based on video games

Mortal Kombat Annihilation. They just totally screwed up character affiliaton. Plus the storylines were stupid.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

No Super Mario Bros. And if you notice most of the movies that are based on video games turn out to have a saturated scene of "SEQUEL" right at the end but they never did make one. Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros., and Double Dragon. their might be more.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I think Double Dragon was the worst. Actually , IMO all of them are horrible except for the first Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I agree Quite-Long Dong. Although Tomb Raider was an ok movie, nothing great.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I vote for Super Mario Bros. as the worst movie.

The Mortal Kombat movies did produce some killer soundtracks though so I can't bad-mouth those.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Don't forget one of the absolute worst video game movies:

STREET FIGHTER!

Man did that suck.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

They're almost all terrible, but Street Fighter and Super Mario Brothers are probably vying for the absolute worst in my book.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I still think, as bad as SF and SMB were, Double Dragon is even worse. That movie is freakin' HORRRRRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

And it has Alyssa Milano in it too. And Robert Patrick. It was Patrick's first big role after T2. No wonder it took him so long to get another high profile job like the X-Files.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Street Fighter, Tomb Raider, & Super Mario Bros. are tolerable. I thought Mortal Kombat sucked.

Most movies that are based on video games usually suck.

MJ, are you on, like, a morphine drip or something? How else could you tolerate SMB?!? That film is pure dreck, I cannot think of one redeeming thing about it.

And, this is just my opinion, but I felt that Mortal Kombat was at least halfway decent just because it had a plot that wasn't 100% contrived yet still fit the concept of the game (something Street Fighter woefully avoided, to its own - and our - detriment).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.