Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A little update.

The boxes with the pens are still on the shelves. They are disappearing though. Don't forget to check Big Lots or Dollar General too, they have cereal as well.

You'd think that the AOTC Star Wars cereal would come with those darn pens but they don't.

I've bought 4 boxes of cereal with the pen offer so far (a Honey Nut Cheerios 2 pack, Reese Puffs and 2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch) and I got 1 Dooku, 1 Windu, 1 Vader and 1 Luke. Still need an Ani.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Another update

I'm sick of eating Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast, just so I can get an Anakin lightsaber pen (the blue one).

If anyone is willing to trade me an Anakin lightsaber pen, I'd be very appreciative. I have unopened extras of Dooku and Luke.

Please E-mail. Hurry, before Honey Nut Cheerios soon becomes my lunch and dinner.

Here's my E-mail.

LBC's Email
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Just to confirm, I think the Anakin pen was underproduced.

Go to Ebay and see how much they are commanding. An Anakin pen has like an average of six bids and is going for $8 while a lot of the Dooku pens have no bids at a starting bid that is $1.50.

I found a cache of Lightsaber Pen boxes of Reese Puffs at a Quality Markets on Sunday and I bought two (got another Dooku and a DV, if you want them E-mail me at my address in the post above). They still had about 6 boxes left and I was going to have my mom buy them when she went shopping later that night.

Well, she went while I was away at work and she told me they didn't have an Anakin pen.

'How do you know I asked?'

"Well, because I opened them and didn't see the blue one."

I was upset at my mother for doing what she did, but I guess she figured that we didn't want to be eating Reese Puffs until the next millenium. She told me she didn't open the other three so there is still hope. And I will buy those boxes.

I agree with you about the Anakin pens being underproduced. I've eaten Cinnamon Toast Crunch, HoneyNut Cherios and Recess (however you spell it!) cereals continously and havn't found that Anakin pen.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

After getting about three of each pen (like 7 of Dooku), I only managed 1 Vader and one Anakin. The Anakin was in the very last box that I was ever able to find. So I just barely managed. I have heard from my local Dollar Tree that they will be getting some boxes soon, so get ready for the second round, and a much cheaper one at that!

Originally posted by Master Goeweins
    After getting about three of each pen (like 7 of Dooku), I only managed 1 Vader and one Anakin. The Anakin was in the very last box that I was ever able to find. So I just barely managed. I have heard from my local Dollar Tree that they will be getting some boxes soon, so get ready for the second round, and a much cheaper one at that!
    Do you mean Dollar General or someother store MG?

The only cereal I ever saw at a Dollar Tree had Middle Eastern and English lettering on it and it was manufactured by Nestle. Didn't recognize the brand. I could be mistaken though, but I do know my local Dollar General does not sell cereal.

I have scrambled to all the Discount Stores in my area including Dollar General and Big Lots. Big Lots had none of the General Mills cereal that stocked them (they did have the AOTC cereal though)

Dollar General had one box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch left and I bought it to get my first Dooku. Their is another DG in my hometown and they were soldout of the pens.

I will continue checking though.

I was referring to an actual "Dollar Tree." I was also surprised, because I don't ever see any food items in there except for candy. She could be wrong, she could have just wanted to give me an answer instead of really caring. I will post here if any do in fact turn up.

And there was much rejoicing throughout the land . . .

After a few months of trying to find the Anakin Skywalker lightsaber pen, I can finally say that I have found it.

The day is mine! ha ha.

I went to Target today and saw that out of about 15 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, they had 3 boxes left that offered the lightsaber pen.

Keeping in mind how much cereal I have stockpiled in the pantry, due to these blasted infernal pens, I only decided to buy two of the boxes with pens.

As soon as I got into the car I opened one of the boxes and ripped out the bag of cereal, only to reveal a Mace Windu pen (I wasn't that sad, I didn't have a double of him). I decided not to open the other bag because I wanted to keep some hopes alive of finding an Anakin lightsaber pen.

It wasn't until 15 minutes later that I decided to open the last box. I opened and turned my head, only showing my brother the bag. I asked him to tell me what color he saw (I didn't want to look because of fear of immediate dejection, I wanted to keep the suspense) and he said blue. I thought he was joking because he knew what color I needed. So I glance at it, and sure enough, there was the blue Anakin lightsaber pen.

It took me 11 boxes, but I finally completed my set. Plus, I didn't start this hunt until late July, a couple months after the boxes and the movie debuted. The only sad part to come out of this was the fact that I have Honey Nut Cheerios laying around the house that will be eaten until Episode III. Oh well, it was worth it!

Congratulations!! That is awesome. I am glad that you got to complete the collection.

Originally posted by Master Goeweins
    Congratulations!! That is awesome. I am glad that you got to complete the collection.
    Thanks! I've visited probably every Wal-Mart, Ames, Tops Supermarkets, Quality Supermarkets, K-Marts and a lot of mini-marts within the last two or three weeks and Targets have consistently been the only store that has one brand of cereal featuring the pens. The nearest Target is like 15 miles away or so, so I don't get too many chances to go there, but they always had them when I went there. Now I don't have to waste my hard earned money on cereal anymore, just on Hasbro Star Wars figures.