Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dagobagh R2-D2

Thumbs up Dagobagh R2-D2

We need the R2-D2 covered with mud, just like he appeared in Dagobagh after the swamp creature swallowed him!!

While we are at it, give us the Sail Barge R2-D2 or at least an accessory that suit his helmet.

These two will sell more than any EPII R2 figure.
    As always...........L

Or battle damaged R2 from the End of ANH after Vader nailed him. Hmmmm..three R2 variants to go...

Total possible Artoos:
    Plain old dinky Artoo (done several times)
    Artoo w/ arms (done)
    Sandy Artoo (done)
    Artoo w/ saber (poorly done)
    Artoo w/ periscope (done poorly on the one w/ arms)
    Artoo w/ Holo Leia (done)
    Artoo w/ Holo Luke
    Artoo w/ Sail Barge Tray
    Dagobah Artoo
    Blasted Artoo
    Artoo: Bespin Power Outlet Revelation
    Tommy, close your eyes.

or you could just buy up a bunch of R2s from goodwills and paint them yourself, saving the rest of us a bunch of useless resculpts.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Either way you will end up buying the figure, so if its worth it, why not buy the resculpt?
    As always...........L

there are uses for Hasbro usesless selling points. Take one R2, spray dirt and gunge colours over it, add a push panel at the back and a removable dome, add brown glob like the Jabba glob stuff. fill R2 with glob and place dome in position. Push the panel at the back and watch as brown glob spits from R" just like in the movie!
    Okay so I'm not exactly doing a good job of selling this idea but I reckon this is on a par with Sail Barge R2 whenit comes to resculpt probability and saleability. I'd only buy a dagobah R2 if it had the mud spitting action.

Re: Dagobagh R2-D2

Originally posted by Lobito
    We need the R2-D2 covered with mud, just like he appeared in Dagobagh after the swamp creature swallowed him!!

While we are at it, give us the Sail Barge R2-D2 or at least an accessory that suit his helmet.

These two will sell more than any EPII R2 figure.

R2-D2 - Sail Barge Server W/ Seving tray (which fits around R2s head and a couple of cups

R2-D2 - Dagobah Swamp W/ realistic Mud, with mud releasing effect, fill up R2 with water/mud, pull down back leaver and watch it leak from R2s body
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I see GNT didn't bother to read jargo's post THAT WAS DIRECTLY ABOVE HIS!!!!!

A Dagobah R2 would be an interesting addition to the collection, IF DONE RIGHT! We don't just need another overpainted R2. He should come with accessories appropriate to this incarnation. Someone had once suggested a power generator, I wholeheartedly agree. Throw in some other gear or perhaps Luke's "lunchbox" for Yoda to critisize and you will have a winner. A great thing for the little power generator would be to build it with a translucent red interior piece that is seen through the vents of a hollow exterior piece, perhaps utilizing the "light pipe" that has been used in R2 and Jawas.

I also agree that a Jabba's Sail Barge R2 is LONG OVERDUE! This should have been the POTJ R2, not that useless EI R2 that came out recently. If you want to do a new version of an existing figure, make sure there is a compelling reason to do so (improved scult at the very LEAST), not just an excuse to get a core character out there.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    I see GNT didn't bother to read jargo's post THAT WAS DIRECTLY ABOVE HIS!!!!!
    I did, I was just expanding his idea
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious