Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Saga Qui-Gon Jinn (Aka: Should I be worried?)

One of my collector pals, sent me a Saga Qui-Gon Jinn and of course I had seen the horrible pictures online of it but I wanted a more action posed one. But the strange thing, now that I have freed him from his plastic prison, and messed around and played with him a while, I actually like the figure. The articulation is nice, in total 10 points (head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs). His face sculpt in person really isn't as bad as the pictures on-line showed it to be. The cloak is pretty nice, and while it does suffer from gaps around the shoulders, if you put him on a stand and pull it back in the front it looks nice. I dunno, I swore the figure looked bad but it's starting to grow on me. Should I be worried?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Not yet, if you start singing the praises of Geonosis Mace then I would start to worry.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Not yet, if you start singing the praises of Geonosis Mace then I would start to worry.
    Well, now that you mention it......

Actually, good point. No, I won't sing the praises of the Geonosis Mace. In my honest opinion, it's right up there with Anakin Skywalker: OPD and Padme Amidala: Arena Battle. Infact I would have to say, they fall in the following order. Padme Amidala, Mace Windu, and Anakin Skywalker.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Even if it had used the exact same molding and painting as the first prototypes of that Qui-Gon figure from the 2-pack line, it still wouldn't excuse the fact that we didn't need a Qui-Gon figure when we could've gotten Poggle the Lesser or some other other interesting E2 figure.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I dunno...I had a chance to give the new Qui-Gon a once-over at Wal-Mart and I was thoroughly underwhelmed. It wasn't really one thing in particular, I was just unimpressed by the figure.

I like Geonosian Rescue Mace. He looks pretty damn funny running away from Jango Fett Final Battle, while Jango is blasting him in the rear with his flamethrower. It's great, Mace's arm with the elbow joint can be used for a comical "butt-fanning" action. :happy:

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

It sure can! I made the picture! Only good thing I could come up with for it!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I've seen a few great customs with Anakin's head on the new (but repainted) Qui's body. With a little tinkering, you can make even the most questionable figures better.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    It sure can! I made the picture! Only good thing I could come up with for it!
    You did that too? I set the scene up just the other day myself. Well you know what they say, great minds think alike.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Well, now that you mention it......

Actually, good point. No, I won't sing the praises of the Geonosis Mace. In my honest opinion, it's right up there with Anakin Skywalker: OPD and Padme Amidala: Arena Battle. Infact I would have to say, they fall in the following order. Padme Amidala, Mace Windu, and Anakin Skywalker.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Well there might be something wrong with me then cause I enjoy GR Mace.

I understand why people don't like him and I think the face sculpt was a REALLY bad idea but I still have a lot of fun with him. I just LOVE slashing his lightsaber around. The little gimmick actually works which is a nice thing. I know I shouldn't like him, but I can't help it! He's fun!

I also don't mind Peasant Anakin, but I don't have any use for him either once I got my HD Ani. Padme on the other hand just irks me. It's such an awful figure that I keep it buried at the bottom of a box.

I was really going to buy the Qui-Gon when it came out JarJar, because I though he would make great custom Jedi fodder, but once I saw him I dropped him back on the shelf because I couldn't STAND his poorly fitting cloak. It just looked awful. Maybe I made too quick of a descision though...
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I instantly loved the figure when I saw it in the store
    Dooku Fett's Star Wars Site

“If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. But I don’t have the time.”
    -Chris Farley from Tommy Boy

"She's gone from suck to blow."
    -Zanders from Spaceballs