Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

stranger and stranger

I have recently been bidding for a VCD of Enterprise.

Before my auction had even ended, I was contacted by a seller telling me that I could buy the CD for 12. I nearly agreed, presuming the seller to be the same one that had auction.

However, at the last moment, I stopped as I realised that it was a different seller and I could easily have been ripped off. To the best of my knowledge, I did not get to the stage where I gave the presumed bogus seller my details.

Cut to today......

Arrive home from work to find an envelope with 2 CD's in - no letter included and the post mark is Dumfries (in Scotland).

Now, I have not paid for anything and I have not given my address to any sellers - anybody any ideas how I have ended up with the Enterprise VCD's?

Also, as the file size is huge Windows media player is stuggling playing the CD (it is really jolty) - anybody any ideas on how to get a smoother playback? (it does not play on my DVD).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

BC3

Enterprise started on UK Sky TV last night - Hurray!! (did you see it, Jeddah?).

Really enjoyed it - thought that it really managed to capture the pioneering spirit of original Trek.

Those temporal baddies have got to be Romulans (had very square shoulder pads - so it's either the Romulans or somebody from Dynasty/Dallas).

Also loved the cameo from James Cromwell.

Cheers

BC3

Oh 4 Kristes sake

I just spent ages typing a reply, get an error message about too many smilies (whatever!) and then when i come back, none of my message is here.

No, BC3, our landlord is of the Bas___d persuasion and fobids the use of dishes. When we move we'll get Sky. Channel 4 will be broadcasting it in Autumn, so I'll get it then. At least Channel 4 don't toss up the scheduling like BBC2, even if there are adverts. (smiley #1)

JT, speaking of tossing up the schedules, are you back on shed with Farscape? We have only one more episode of Season 3 and I am very very pleased about the way things seem to be going about a certain character (smiley #3)

jeddah
    (copied this to his scrap buffer) (smiley #4)

Sorry about the smilie filter issue, I've voiced my support of you and VT in the How Do I section.

As for Farscape, they start again this Friday!!! Is it my imagination, or are you actually AHEAD of me now?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, you wanna come live in ol Blighty

.. yeah, we get all the new stuff

I couldn't b'lieve my eyes when I saw the listings saying last Tuesday night's was the penultimate episode. Like I said, I bet they've missed a few of the adult episodes tho'.

At least you're starting up again, let me know what episode you're up to so I can tell how many ahead we are (to make myself feel good )

Can I marry Galadriel Blanchett, please ?

jeddah
    full allowance used

Unhappy used or no, you don't get unused smilies "credited" twards your next post :[

i recall seeing patrick stewart on some talkshow at the end of tng's fifth season, when he referred to "inner light" as that season's "penultimate" episode- by which i thought he meant "best-written"

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sci-Fi Channel in their infinite whizzdumb postponed Farscape till March, MARCH DANGIT!

The last ep we got was the crew FINALLY getting back together and the surviving Crichton getting the other's message about chasing after Scorpi.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.