Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Music that makes us think of Star Wars

Anytime I hear a BeeGees tune I think of ANH anytime they play Flock of Seagulls,Culture Club, etc. any of those early 80s one hit wonders I think of ESB and ROTJ. And anytime I hears Whiskey in the Jar from Metallica I think EPS 1, haven't got one for AOTC yet.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Come on you guys you gotta have some music connection to those times.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Hmmm.....no, I don't really relate songs other than SW songs, and the Meco song to the movies. When I hear songs, I tend to recall the trends of that time period more so that the movies I was watching at the time.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

With the SW music being such a big part of the movies it's hard to consider a replacement. Unless I hear SW music I don't think of those movies, at least musically.

On the other hand there are plenty of other memories, smells, sights that bring back memories. Everytime I smell cheap plastic I think of wearing my Stormtrooper halloween costume. Everytime I go to the local mall I think of standing in line to see RotJ. Every x-mas I put up SW ornaments that I handmade after seeing SW for the first time. I always have flashes of my childhood everytime I take them out of the box.

Strange how the brain works.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Whenever I hear the music when the 20th Century Fox logo comes up I think of SW music.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I just remeber because of the time period associated with it. It's more than just the SW movies I remember.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I know what you mean by associating music with movies in that way. During Spring '99 while anticipating TPM's release it seems the only music I blasted in the car was Springsteen and Motley Crue. So yeah, whenever I hear some of those tunes now, I think of TPM. And there are other periods in my life that I keep "theme songs" to.

AOTC? Not as much yet, although I played the hell out of the rereleased No More Tears album by Ozzy, so I have that going for me . . .

Talking

I think now for myself I was listening to alot of Jamiroquai, Emergency on Planet Earth and Return of the Space Cowboy albums, very appropriate! For AOTC that is.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Actually, lately, I have just been listening to lots of 80's music since we got a new 80's channel in Atlanta.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    Actually, lately, I have just been listening to lots of 80's music since we got a new 80's channel in Atlanta.
    Is any of the music taking you back to when ESB and ROTJ were out.
    MWHAHAHAHA!