Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When I listen to bands like Big Country, Eurythmics and Proclaimers it reminds me of those last POTF days of 1986.

Music from Grease, Staying Alive and Flashdance are pretty much the only songs that take me back to the ANH and ESB days.

The Fatboy Slim song, Rockefeller Skank, makes me think of TPM for some reason.

Nothing yet for AOTC, probably because I've really only been listening to the soundtrack.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Well, it reminds me of the period it was out, but not the movie directly. They have a great variety, and it is nice.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Quote Originally Posted by QLD
    Actually, lately, I have just been listening to lots of 80's music since we got a new 80's channel in Atlanta.
    I just downloaded Gary Numan's CARS.

And man oh man is it filling my head of nostalgia of when I went to see ESB!!!! Also it reminds me of when I had Christmas at my Grandma's house when I got all of those ESB figures!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I don't associate popular music with Star Wars. However, other classical compositions, especially those with full-blown romantic scores, give me the same chills that Williams' scores do.

Long before John Williams introduced a choral opus into the Star Wars pantheon for Episode I (Duel of the Fates), I thought other choral works would fit nicely into Star Wars:

Carl Orff's "O Fortuna," from his opera Carmina Burana, is a stirring choral piece that was used to great effect in John Boorman's Excalibur, about the Arthurian legends.

Mozart's last composition, "Requiem, K.626," is a tour-de-force that will inspire a range of emotions. A requiem is basically a mass for the dead, but this one is an amazing piece or work. Chances are you've already heard part of it: verse no. 2, "Dies Irae (Day of Wrath)" was used in the opening sequence of X-Men 2 during Nightcrawler's assassination attempt on the president. I'd give the rest of the composition a serious ear because it is simply a beautiful piece of music.

Other classical compositions that can be associated with Star Wars include Beethoven's 3rd Symphony, the "Eroica," and Richard Strauss' "Also sprach Zarathusta."

"Eroica" is an early romantic piece that follows the rise and fall of a hero - that is, the music tells a story. My favorite movement of "Eroica" is the second, a haunting piece that found its way into a memorable episode of the TV show Space: Above and Beyond.

Everyone has probably heard "Also sprach Zarathusta" even if you didn't know what it was called. It famously appeared in 2001: A Space Odyssey and then in countless parodies in TV and movies ever since.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

The following song makes me think of a Musical version of the final battle scene between Obi wan and Ani/Vader just after Obi Wan cuts Vaders legs and arm off. If you listen to the version on there album "the other side" which is acustic (sp?) Asleep is the song on "the other side". Awake is the same song with extra lyrics and a much harder sound.

Also, if you listen to "Asleep" there is a breathing sound at the end of the song that reminds me of Vader, so it is wicked everytime I listen to the song.

Asleep- Godsmack

Ani/Vader to Obi: Wait a minute.
    Can't you see what this pain has done to me
    I'm alive but I'm slippin'.
    What you see I cannot see and maybe you'll think before you speak

Ani thinking about Padme as he lays dimembered: I'm alive for you.
    I'm awake because of you
    I'm alive told you.
    I'm awake midi-chlorians: swallowing you

Ani/Vader to Obi: Take a second.
    Turn your back on me and make believe
    Obi Wan to Ani/Vader: It's safe to say you're never alive.
    A big part of you has died and by the way, I hope you're satisfied

Ani thinking about Padme: I'm alive for you.
    I'm awake because of you
    I'm alive told you.

Ani thinking about Padme: I'm alive for you.
    I'm awake because of you
    I'm alive told you.

Lyrics to Awake, just about the same, but when you listen to that version, you lose the whole feel of the "Musical" ROTS
    I'm alive and still kickin'.
    What you see I can't see and maybe
    you'll think before you speak.

I'm alive for you.
    I'm awake because of you.
    I'm alive I told you.
    I'm awake swallowing you

Take another second.
    Turn your back on me and make believe that
    you're always happy.
    It's safe to say you're never alive.
    A big part of you has died and by the way,
    I hope you're satisfied.

(Chorus)

Tearing it back unveiling me.
    Taking a step back so I can breathe.
    Hear the silence about to break.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

There are a few Godsmack songs that remind me of Star Wars.
    "Awake" is a good one.
    I've always though "Bad Religon" could be a song about Vader.

[FONT=Verdana]
    Get back

Can you feel Im not like you anymore.
    I cant see,
    I cant breathe.
    See you quiver like the dogs on the street,
    Looking down on as I beat you.
    Oh, its a bad religion,
    From a broken nation.
    Its a contradiction,
    And I cant take it anymore, yeah.
    Whos ta say I wont like you anyway?
    Take a deep breath,
    Im alive.
    Can you hear me,
    Im alive inside you.
    Agony creeps up behind you.
    Oh, Its a bad religion (Bad religion)
    From a broken nation (A broken nation)
    Its a contradiction,
    And I cant take it any f***ing more
    Its a bad religion (bad religion, bad religion, bad religion)
    From a broken nation (Broken nation)
    Its a contradiction.
    Yeah.
    Can you feel it?
    I gotta live with it everyday
    And I cant take the pressure.
    Im goin' insane,
    Now go away

Go away
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

There are two that come to mind right now.

Metallica's version of "No Leaf Clover" with the orchestra has a very similar sound at times to John Williams' Raiders desert chase song (with the truck holding the Ark), which is close to some of his SW stuff, of course.

I was showing my students the animated Animal Farm video, and there's a part where the animals are throwing away and destroying all the human things. The song in the background sounds a lot like the Jawa theme from ANH (I think it's called "The Little People Work" or something).
    "That's what Sheev said."

New SW music (maybe)

Yesterday I picked up a new Meco Star Wars CD called "Music Inspired by Star Wars." Certainly not a very original title, but then Meco was never original (one of the early samplers of existing music). It has a 2005 copyright, and the cover shows "Star Wars I" through "Star Wars IV" (not the actual movie titles, just the Roman numerals). Not everything is disco in its sound, and it's actually a decent listen. The "Imperial Theme" is virtually identical to his version from "SW and Other Galactic Funk," aside from some add-ons at the very end of the song. "Boogie Wookiee" is as bad as it sounds, but the others aren't bad. Consider checking it out. Or not.

Exclamation

I retract my earlier statements. I listened to the new Meco CD again, and it's getting annoying, especially the "Star Wars Party" one. Perhaps it is wiser to avoid it and save yourself the audio agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I retract my earlier statements. I listened to the new Meco CD again, and it's getting annoying, especially the "Star Wars Party" one. Perhaps it is wiser to avoid it and save yourself the audio agony.
    Is that the guy who did the original SW Disco?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!