Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Any Star Wars fans like Rap?

I personally prefer and enjoy rap music to punk/rock/ska, any of that other stuff. However, I do enjoy movie soundtracks (Star Wars ), Latin, and Jazz music. What do you listen to?
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

Classical (John Williams, Mozart, Copeland, Tchaikovsky)
    Country/Bluegrass (Tim McGraw, Ricky Skaggs, Alison Krauss, Johnny Cash)
    Classic Rock (Led Zeppelin, CCR, The Who, Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Pink Floyd)
    some 80s Pop (Big Country, Eurythmics, Midnight Oil, Mr. Mister)

Not a fan of blues, jazz, hip-hop, rap or latin music. I do like a lot of Techno music, though.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I like basically anything that MTV DOESN'T play.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

i enjoy rap. mostly eminem and ja rule...
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Jonna
    The closest I have ever come to enjoying rap is one of the Beastie Boy songs that I heard years ago (I don't know the name). It just does nothing for me.

I'd have to say I like a little bit of everything.

I never take music style into account when I like a tune.

I love Pink Floyd stuff, Roger Waters solo stuff more so but on the flipside I've always enjoyed Tennessee Ernie Ford.

There's too much music out there to be enjoyed to simply limit myself to one genre.

any They Might be Giants fans out there?
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

YEA! YEA! WHAT UP!!! DAWG!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I love rap. Good rap that is.

Beastie Boys, Fat Boys, Heavy D, Grand Master Flash, Sugar Hill Gang, Whodini, Public Enemy, Busta Rhymes, JJ Fad, Wil Smith, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Digital Underground, Tone Loc, NWA, it's all great stuff. Unfortunately, few rappers today can even come close to measuring up. I actually don't even believe that most "rap" today is even rap. To me, rap is music with a beat, that rhymes, and usually has a message or tells a story. Most of todays stuff is lucky to meet ONE of those requirements.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Is Vanilla Ice considered rap?

I'm a proud owner of his "Cool As Ice" movie.

"Drop the Zero and get with a Hero." words to live by.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I'm not a big fan of any particular rapper, except for the Beastie Boys. They don't play them often in Utah on the radio, however.

I also like Tone-Loc, some Snoop, and that one song by Sir Mix-a-lot, you know the one...
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas