Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Target lowers prices

I just picked up the Deluxe Anakin w/Geonosian at Target and I noticed that Target seems to have dropped prices, just as Wal-Mart has.

Basic Saga figures are now only $4.99. That's an awesome price if you have any figures you never picked up, or if you're looking to build your Clonetrooper Army.

Deluxe figures remain priced at $9.99.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

WOW

This is great news but I was in my local Target today and saw no such price reduction. I guess I'll have to check again tomorrow. I do wonder however if the prices will drop even more in the near future? I want to do some army building but I don't know if I should wait for the price to drop more or just go crazy now.

What does everyone else think??
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Originally posted by Hellboy
    WOW

This is great news but I was in my local Target today and saw no such price reduction. I guess I'll have to check again tomorrow. I do wonder however if the prices will drop even more in the near future? I want to do some army building but I don't know if I should wait for the price to drop more or just go crazy now.

What does everyone else think??
    I'm guessing it won't go much further. I think they said Wal-Mart went to $4.87 or something since they always have a slightly lower price.

But I think the reason for the price drops is just to get rid of some of the excess inventory that's sitting on the shelves. Lots of the first waves of figures are still there and they want to cut back all the shelf space that they have devoted to Star WArs.

Personally I would buy now because eventually the price will go back up to $5.99. (which is still TONS cheaper than the POTJ figs ever went for)
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Yay, stores are finally playing it smart and not trying to stick to the same price for the peg-warmers that they did during E1, which is how they stuck with so much inventory on things - everything was over-priced.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

This is obviosly a way to get rid of extra figures.
    Dooku Fett's Star Wars Site

“If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. But I don’t have the time.”
    -Chris Farley from Tommy Boy

"She's gone from suck to blow."
    -Zanders from Spaceballs

Yeah, I was at a Target in the Bay Area this morning just as one of the Target employees was changing the prices on the figures!

I wonder if they'll stick to that price for the newer figures, like Orn Free Taa, Palpatine, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Pilot Obi-Wan, etc.

Originally posted by Slacker Jedi
    Yeah, I was at a Target in the Bay Area this morning just as one of the Target employees was changing the prices on the figures!

I wonder if they'll stick to that price for the newer figures, like Orn Free Taa, Palpatine, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Pilot Obi-Wan, etc.
    Yes, well at least at WM. Those figs plus the Destroyer droid, Ki Adi Muni, and pilot Jango were part of the price change. 61 changes in all!!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Now isn't Walmart and Target slimming down their SW displays next month? Lady at my local Walmart said that they were going to dramatically downsize the shelve space for SW toys in July. Sound like this new reduced price is their way of getting rid of alot of the figs so they can make smaller displays. Oh well, i guess it had to happen sooner or later.

I wonder if we could bring in our old receipts even from 4/23 and price match their new price? Lets see, 37 figs X2= 74 AOTC figs at about $1 back each, that would give me about $74 back. It's worth a try, I think this weekend I try it out.

Dar already said it had to be within 5 days of the change.

But don't be a cheapskate, take your fanboy passions like a man!
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by JediDan
    Now isn't Walmart and Target slimming down their SW displays next month? Lady at my local Walmart said that they were going to dramatically downsize the shelve space for SW toys in July. Sound like this new reduced price is their way of getting rid of alot of the figs so they can make smaller displays. Oh well, i guess it had to happen sooner or later.

I wonder if we could bring in our old receipts even from 4/23 and price match their new price? Lets see, 37 figs X2= 74 AOTC figs at about $1 back each, that would give me about $74 back. It's worth a try, I think this weekend I try it out.
    There is no "offical" word on slimming down on SW in July. Some stores may be doing this to make room for excess Spider-Man stuff or moving other things into the SW area to make room for more summer stuff. I have not heard anything on this at all. Might just be your store.

As far as the old receipts, check here for the answer to a similar question:

Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers!!!!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"