Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toyfare's top 25 SW toys of all time

Okay, I know some forumites have given up on Toyfare, so I am posting their recent top 25 for your consideration . . .

25 Action Collection R2-D2
    24 POTJ Bespin Leia
    23 Flashback Obi-Wan
    22 Lego Imperial Shuttle
    21 Commtech Luke w/ T-16
    20 12" Bossk
    19 POTF2 Threepio w/ removable limbs
    18 Jango Kamino Escape
    17 Micro Collection Death Star World (1982)
    16 Electronic 10" Darth Maul
    15 12" Qui-Gon from the Amidala Portrait Edition
    14 Vintage Ewok Village
    13 100th Luke
    12 POTJ Chewie Mechanic
    11 Vintage Jabba playset
    10 POTF2 Millenium Falcon
    09 Power FX X-Wing
    08 POTF2 Vader w/ removable helmet
    07 POTF2 Snowspeeder
    06 300th Boba Fett
    05 POTJ Han Solo Bespin
    04 Action Collection Electronic Darth Vader
    03 Commtech Stormtrooper
    02 POTF2 AT-AT
    01 Naboo Royal Starship

Clearly, with such a vast assortment there are so many choices. Their article praises Hasbro's creativity, thus explaining the dominance of newer toys. But with so many different categories, it's hard to match a CTC Stormie against an AT-AT . . . but it is interesting to see them try!

Nice list, but they really should have done it in different sections. I don't think it's fair to compare ships to figures. But still, a very nice list. Thanks for sharing, Caeser.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Was there a picture of the vial of crack they bought and smoked right before they wrote up this list? That token Lego inclusion was pathetic, and the complete lack of Galoob Micro Machines products just furthers my "high as a kite" theory on this one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No, they stopped short of the vial of crack.

Since you mentioned the Shuttle, here's part of the write-up:
    Whoever thought up the unlikely merger of Star Wars and Lego should get a medal. The fun of building your own Star Wars vehicles is huge, and no Lego set best encapsulates it like the Imperial Shuttle. It's not too easy nor is it too hard, and it becomes an uncanny representation of the actual spaceship. Throw in four of the best Star Wars Lego figures ever - the Emperor, an Imperial Officer, and two Royal Guards - and this is Lego perfection. And, best of all, when you get tired of the shuttle you can male a monstrous robot to crush the rebellion instead! "[Lego] executed the shuttle so well", says Sansweet. "And since it's my favorite vehicle, this one is doubly cool for me."
    Oh wait now - here's a crack related quote for ya!
    Star Wars toys aren't awesome just because they're Star Wars - Hasbro's been bustin' *** to make these things cooler than a naked chick on Hoth!
    The toys you see on this top 25 list are there because Hasbro gave them features that no other toy line offered - detailed playsets, ships with goodies inside and out, complicated electronics - they keep getting better!
    And from there they highlight Force effects, magnets, Speeder crash features . . . actually, by "they" I mean Douglas Goldstein, I just noticed his name at the bottom of that write-up. But I believe the actual descriptions for each toy were a collaborative effort (with a little help from Sansweet )

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    "One man's poison..."

Where the GONK! is the Vintage DeathStar?!?! That certainly deserves to be on the list before Kamino Escape Jango...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I'm glad to see POTJ Bespin Han ranked highly for a change. I sometimes think that this excellent figure gets forgotten.
    Kadamontaga
    My collections

"...the unlikely merger of Star Wars and Lego..."
    Hmm, I dunno, seems like someone's been hitting da pipe on that one.

Nice find on that second quote, that must have been the moment their 4th vial of crack actually kicked in!

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    "One man's poison..."
    ... should be poured down ToyFare's throat!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    ... should be poured down ToyFare's throat!
    True dat! I thought Toyfare's list just plain sucked, and was way off the mark!

Eh all those Peolpe at Toyfare are well, off, not always a bad thing like their Twisted Toyfare Theatre is Halarious, TOO MUCH SPIDERMAN, but he IS funny, i am actually considering trying to make an 8 inch fig to submit for a chance for it to be in future issues, that list wasn't all bad, they had SO much to choose from though, Bespin Vader should have gotten something, although not released at publishing date! Hey i have an idea, how about we get as many customisers together and make a whole lot of 8'' CUSTOM figs to submit to ToyFare!
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

I dunno, I was happy to see the 6" Artoo figure along with Mechanic Chewie and Bespin Escape Leia. I didn't expect those from someone like Toyfare. I still think those three figures are some of the greatest ever made.

I'm happy to see Rem. Helmet Vader (both versions) on there, along with Bespin Capture Han, 12" Bossk, Defense of Naboo Qui-Gonn and the Ewok Village. This leads me to believe that Toyfare does have at least one functioning brain among them.

The only glaringly obvious omissions are:
    12" Biker Scout with Speeder Bike
    POTJ Amanaman
    POTJ FX-7
    Vintage Imperial Shuttle

Other than those, I don't have too many problems with this list (although Electronic Talking Darth Maul, Commtech Luke, Flashback Obi-Wan and the LEGO Shuttle are dumb additions).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis