Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why does Hasbro Canada suck?

How come us Canadians get the shorter end of the stick? Why is it that we are second to the US? I' am sure there is just as many Canadian fans as the US. I am just tired of not hvaing an Obi to put in my Jedi Starfighter or no Mace to fight with Jango. Am I the only one?

NO, HASBRO CANADA HAS MISSED THE BOAT FOR A WHILE
    EVER SINCE THEY SKIPPED THE REMOVABLE HELMET VADER LINE IN POTF
    BY THE TIME THEY DECIDE TO RELEASE STUFF IN CANADA MOST COLLECTORS HAVE BOUGHT IT IN THE USA OR THROUGH DEALERS ON US CARDS

To the fetts,

Patience my fellow Canadian Collectors, it will come. - In the voice of Obi Wan Kenobi.

Patience is the key.
    "Necessity is the mother of invention" - MGS2

Registered
    Ontario, CANADA where there are no TARGET stores

Answer to your question?

Possible Answers:
    A: Because they can get away with it.
    B: Because we allow them to.
    C: Because they are the b*stard offspring of the REAL Hasbro(USA)
    D: What would we Canadians do with all those cool figures and store exclusives anyway?(sic)

Darn, I'm a little bitter tonight.
    Don't drink the blue milk! Why? It's spoiled!

you guys are jumping the gun here....sure hasbro canada might not release certain figures to the major outlets, but if you search hard enough, you should be able to find them in locall comic book stores and specialty shops.......for example, to those in toronto the removable helmet vader was located at that silver snail comic shop whick i've mentioned a couple of times..this store is probably the best place to get older figures in all of canada so make sure to check it out.....

Some of us don't live in T.O. anymore bro.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Hasbro Canada has nothing to do with the Snail. They deal with Hasbro USA, that's why they have so many figures. As for comic and specialty shops they too deal with the US. Ever seen a TC-14 on a tri-logo card? No, because Hasbro Canada pulled the plug on the Episode 1 line way before it ended in the States. Patience, has nothing to do with that aspect either. You can wait and wait and wait some more but you'll never see Sio Bibble on a Canadian card. Once they pull out on the Saga line we'll be forced into online purchases once more. Much like the last three waves of POTJ. Don't kid yourselves into thinking the line is here to stay, Wal-Mart is already starting to wane on there ordering and I think Zelllers was a one shot deal also. TRU may be our best bet in the coming months until the inevitable...

damn..sorry wasn't aware that silver snail only dealed with hasbro usa...and yah some of the walmarts here in toronto didn't even get any figures...well nothing worth mentioning anyhow......pretty sad....i guess our only choice is to goto comic shops??.then again part of the joy collecting is the joy of the hunt is it not???..

patience is one thing, but if you wait too long some of these figures could cost you a bundle or you will miss them altogether
    eg. tc-14 wave, helmetless vader wave, and most recently the boshek wave
    I have learned that any wave scheduled for late in the year or early the next year is to buy it when you see it at the specialty stores or you will never get it or pay a fortune

gota agree with cujo fett....a lot of the specialty stores..actually all of them except snail charge about triple of the S.R.P in the hope that some crazed die-hard will buy them...for example there's this one store called the Wizard in Toronto and the sell the SOTC figures for 22.99..ABSOUTELY ludicrious!! ...but in the end someone will end up buying them when it's sitting there a year from now and yes that someone is prolly me....