Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Either that or Toy Biz was to lazy to get the colors right on Saruman the White.
    Well, ya! It could always be that!

We always have to take your car, don't we!
    Last edited by Patient Zero; 08-28-2002 at 03:17 PM.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

I think my prob with the SP 'tars is that they started out life as system icons and I just altered them slightly, I keep forgetting I've got 75 square pixels to use and end up just doing the head. But technically the head is the hardest part. getting fron a simple circle to to a recognisable character isn't that easy. I wrestle with compromises all the time such as what color to do the eyes. How much detail to put into something. I started blending pixels to get shadings in the skin color in my Neimoidians and it looks great but makes the other 'tars look poo. I guess these are going to haunt me forever like any artists work, never completed and always ready for a tweak here and a change there. I don't like the Dooku 'tar but it was one of the first I did so I'm going to redo him and make him look more like Chris Lee. Just did Major Derlin and I was surprised how easy it was to make a John Ratzenberger SP 'tar. The tache just made it happen. Wish they were all that easy.

I'm waffling aren't I? Very tired tonight. Strange 5things are afoot here in the UK, the weather is totally screwy and the atmospheric pressure is making my head hurt... the pain, oh god the pain.......!!

I'm trying out a couple new avatars. The first one will be this Jimi Hendrix animated gif I found.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Man, this avatar making thing is addictive. My latest one is of that Klatooinian Jedi from Ep2, the one we saw in the Arena Standoff (I didn't remember the color of his lightsaber so I just guessed it was blue - hey, I have a 50/50 chance of being right ). Funny how Jedi look like they are wearing pajamas in this South Park style.

tell me about addictive, 446 and still going, man this is a draw...

Hey, Jargo, what color do you use for the tan cloak on the Jedi? This way my Klatooinian Jedi avatar won't look like he is wearing banana-colored pajamas.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it.
    Last edited by bigbarada; 08-28-2002 at 05:00 PM.

I can give you the RGB code: #AD7B08 that's a mid brown that I used on the cloak of Obi, the tunic would probably be somewhere in the region of: #F7E7C6. I don't have names for any colors I just use a color picker pallette and grab the shade that seems appropriate compared to any colors next to it. So the shades differ from 'tar to 'tar depending on what colors are used. But those two should give you a decent starting point.

Looks much much better then the banana shade, BigB. Man, both you and Jargo disgust me with your talent. And that isn't just kissing up, that is the truth.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ya, but BB can actually draw proper art stuff like in crayons and stuff y'know? I only doodle really. beermat table napkin doodling. Stupid toons. I'm not an artist. But thanks for the compliment all the same. nice to be appreciated once in a while.

BB love the head on the Klaatooinian Jedi. I was planning on doing that one for you anyway sometime. Mind if I borow the head for a different one?

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Ya, but BB can actually draw proper art stuff like in crayons and stuff y'know? I only doodle really. beermat table napkin doodling. Stupid toons. I'm not an artist. But thanks for the compliment all the same. nice to be appreciated once in a while.

BB love the head on the Klaatooinian Jedi. I was planning on doing that one for you anyway sometime. Mind if I borow the head for a different one?
    Go ahead, I used the Barada head you made (I just removed the bandana and altered the color and a couple of other very minor changes, but it is essentially still your work).