Unproduced toys from the vintage line

I thought it would be cool to have a thread dedicated to all the unproduced toys from the entire vintage line (3 3/4", 12", Micro-Collection, Plush)

To start, here is a pic of one of the prototypes to the Yarna-Dal-Gargan figure that Kenner was working on for the POTF line before Lucasfilm pulled the plug on her. I think this one is a hardcopy of the figure used to test the fitting of her headdress:

(BTW, all the pictures I'm posting are from www.toysrgus.com )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gargan-headdress-front.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	2136  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Another interesting piece that would have been awesome if it had made it to production. The Rebel Blockade Runner!

I think this is a plastic hard-copy or prototype:

Name:	blockade-bw.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	2137  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

If the line had continued beyond the first wave of POTF, Kenner had plans to continue the line with Expanded Universe (although it wasn't called that back then) versions of key characters.

This is a prototype of Luke in Jedi Robes, although some argue that it is Luke in his medical robes from the end of ESB. You be the judge:

Name:	luke-in-robes.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	2138  

And for my last pic (for now), the dark side of Star Wars. Here are the prototypes for Chewie's family from the Holiday Special. These are the only known prototypes from the HS known to exist, along with a concept sketch for Boba Fett's sea serpent. Thus don't believe a word Toyfare magazine tells you.

(The weak of stomach may want to turn back now)

Name:	chewie-family-2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	2139  

Unhappy

The pics are great, bb, but as Threepio said: "How horrid!"
    I especially like:
    how "original" the Chewbacca family figures are
    how proportionate the Blockade Runner is to figures
    how awful Yarna is
    how geeky Luke looks

I always wanted a spherical Death Star playset.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I Feel Hasbro should get the ball rolling on re-releasing the original micro Collection line and finish what Kenner Started. I mean I was a huge fan of the Micro line and loved the idea of playing with the Bespin ad Hoth world sets. The ships were closer to scale to the figures and the details were there as well. One of the major pains in my life was when they cancelled the line and thus the Falcon and snowspeeder became history.
    I think Hasbro could benefit by releasing the line again and making those sets that were in the planning stages but never produced like the Death Star Throne Room or the Bespin Torture Chanmber, Hoth Bacta Chamber. Just release them with minor changes so that the collectors of the originals will not lose the value of their collection.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I would love to have an updated version of the Micro-Collection (even though the Micro-Machines and Action Fleet lines were pretty much just that). However, what I'm thinking of is a line of figures that are about the same size as those 32X soldier figures from 21st Century Toys and model-quality vehicles to match.

If Hasbro were to revive the Micro-Collection line then my only request would be that they make the figures out of plastic, since the paint chips off the metal too easily.

I like the blockade runner. For a vintage vehicle it looks great. But if released a Saga vehicle it would suck.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I'm sure the Blockade Runner in that pic is just a prototype or mock-up. If it had actually made it to production it would have been much more detailed.

Theres a better picture of the Rebel Blockade Runner on the Behind the Magic CD #2.

There were also some mini-rig vehicles planned that never made it to release that I wish would've because even now I think one would be cool to have which is the mini-rig that was gonna interact with the Falcon, it would settle between the fork pieces.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"