Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help with Queen's ship ! ! !

Hi, I was looking at a friend's loose Queen's ship, and we're stumped. Is that entire panel with the seats on it supposed to pull open? There are decals all the way underneath, there appear to be proper hinges on the side of the ship, and that hyperdrive piece looks pretty cramped in there all by itself.

This particular toy does not want to open with a good tug, and if it's not meant to open, we didn't want to pull too hard either!

Thanks !

Help me SSG collectors, you're my only hope . . .

Dude, yeah!

Here's a pic from the SSG database:
    http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.ht...pic_height=595

I found that it can actually slide right OFF the track, so check to see if perhaps it's already off the track and assembled slightly wrong, which would make it stick like you describe. Or just give it a neat tug on the left engine.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The first time I opened my ship I had the same problem. I just had to give it a gentle pull for it to open. I really wish they should have made it so you can store the R2 figures in the power harnesses instead of shoving them into the elevator or in the front section.

Speaking of problems, does anyone have a problem with the front section coming off frequently?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thanks for the responses guys ! JediTricks, thanks also for the link!

Unhappy

I have a problem with the silver blast-off panels missing from the set, and Hasbro saying they don't have any more to mail out. But I got a couple wrong items instead. Anyone need extra Naboo Fighter engines or Droid Starfighter wings?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    The first time I opened my ship I had the same problem. I just had to give it a gentle pull for it to open. I really wish they should have made it so you can store the R2 figures in the power harnesses instead of shoving them into the elevator or in the front section.

Speaking of problems, does anyone have a problem with the front section coming off frequently?

It's been awhile since I got it, but I do remember having to actually unscrew the main body of the ship in order to get the front section in securely enough that it wouldn't keep popping out. Then of course, I tightened everything back up again. The specs on this ship weren't the greatest.

The only problem I have is the Hyperdrive will not work right unless you push down on it.I love it anyway!
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Yeah... I had that problem when I got mine as well. I just gave the one engine a good soild tug and it was good to go. I too have been experiencing problems with the front section pulling off. It seems that the top panel on it refuses to open easily and as I'm trying to pry it open, the whole section pops off! Oh, well. I still love the damn thing anyhow.

Next question is... can the new Amidala Travel Gown figure sit in the throne that comes with the ship???!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by Obi-Don
    The only problem I have is the Hyperdrive will not work right unless you push down on it.I love it anyway!
    It won't work until you fly to Tatooine, befriend a little boy chock full o' midichlorians, win a pod race, and dupe an alien out of the parts.

I don't have any of these "loose nose section" or "push down on the hyperdrive" problems with my Royal Starship, but I think that's because mine was one of the first ones made, and I paid $100 for it instead of the reduced price. I think the ones made when Hasbro reduced the price were made inferior to the $100 ones to save on the cost issues, and this is what lead to the problems with later-issued models.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.