Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thrawn's Just the Faqs?

Since Saga is the current line, I decided to put this post here.

What is up with these people and their useless questions? Everytime Thrawn puts up his top 5 questions, it's all about is this worth something or is this more rare. Get a clue people! 99% of the Saga line will never be rare or of any considerable value. A bubble change here, a new sticker there, some new paint or head looking in a new direction does not constitute substantial value.

Please start asking relevant questions!!!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

You know the last parking spot furthest from here? Well I'm one spot beyond that!
    AMEN !!!! HALLELUJAH !!!!

I think Thrawn should start doing the same thing they do over at Yakface. Not answering any questions about how much stuff is worth. If people want to know stuff like that, they should buy a price guide from their local comic shop.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Considering that Thrawn posts the errors he finds on eBay immediately after posting a news story about them... I think he cares very much about what things are worth.

Thrawn doesn't go trolling ebay for variations/errors, he's got a ton of them filling up his harddrive.

He doesn't post all these errors because he cares about the aftermarket value, he does it to show off the lack of quality control at Hasbro (which has been getting WAY worse in the past few months than ever before). However, he posts legitimate variations for variation collectors - while that's not usually my cup of tea, I know a lot of folks who base their collections around variations.

Many of the emails I've seen for Thrawn are questions trying to be sneaky in getting him to somehow endorse/promote some error or variation as the next big thing so that emailer's ebay auction will get some sort of authenticity. It's very lame, "How rare is such-and-such?" seems to be shorthand for "well, I have it up here on my auction so you can tell everybody how great it is" and "What can you tell me about this item?" equals "I need you to secretly endorse my auction".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I love how blunt Thrawn is when answering certain questions, it's pretty refreshing! Thrawn should be given Sansweet's Q&A duties - scratch that, I don't think he would be able to puff Hasbro's merch.

He doesn't post all these errors because he cares about the aftermarket value...

BUT, he does post HIS errors trying to raise their visibility (and value) before putting them on eBay.

One example is the R2 with No Centipedes.

He put this up on SSG as a huge AOTC error, then put it up on eBay a few minutes later.

I guess he only hypes what he owns (and can sell).

In the stock world this is called Pump-and-Dump... its illegal.

Thrans the man.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

I agree that Thrawn does know a ton, and he put a lot of work into knowing all the little changes Hasbro makes. Still, what does he know that Sansweet doesn't? Nothing againt Thrawn, but Sansweet is "The Man"! I think Sansweet does a good job of not answering questions about price or value. He too, doesn't do it for the $$$ even though he gets paid by LFL to play with Star Wars stuff . What a lucky man
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

BTW, this is a thread where the folks asking these questions are under fire. Just thought I'd point that out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.