just got Death Star Droid sucks

I just got a Death Star Droid finally after all these years. I opened him up. What a lame paint job on the eyes. it sucks. I'm so disappointed in it. And the mouse droid should have been hollow and had some micro machine type wheels on it. Not what i had hoped for from the great pics on this site..sigh

billy

The eyes aren't painted, it's the REST of the head paint that's causing that (which is hardly an acceptable excuse IMO); the Mouse Droid is a behemouth too; this set really disappointed me - it's painted purple, that should have sent up red flags in my mind. Sorry you aren't thrilled with yours, hope you didn't pay too much for it.

BTW, a few customizers have stripped away the purple paint and it looks WAY better (and it can be used as either the DS droid or Sandcrawler droid this way).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just got him in a trade. He looks black sometimes but only under florescent lights. Under reg bulb you can tell he's purple. My friend said i was nuts to open him but i don't care about that. But he doesn't go that well with the rest of my loose anh collection i have on standing display. could have been alot better.

billy
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

not playing devil's advocate here but...I rather liked my death star droid. As mush as I have an affinity towards the vintage toys since I grew up with them, comparing the POTJ one to that one...well there's really no comparison and I do think it was a good rendition of the death star droid well...in the death star scene of ANH.

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

its not so much the scupt just the bad paint job on the head. awful.
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

I actually like the Death Star Droid. He looks great in a diorama and I have no complaint as to how his paint looks.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

U must have gotten a good one. One of the first run. I must have got a mass produced fan club version.

billy

My Needs
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

I got a fan club version. And I love mine. I have no issues with the paint job at all.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I have two DSD's. Have to say, it's a nice figure. The mouse droid could've been better, though, as JT said.

The way the face is painted on mine is fine. However the paint on the body isn't that great. In some spots the paint is thicker and looks darker and in some spots it's thinner and looks lighter. And there's no way to touch it up without making it look worse.

I just wish they simply painted it gloss black.