Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank you r2dee2!

Marilyn, thank you so much for posting that SSG news post about the Jedi Fruit Roll lenticulars not being the same as the Mexican lenticulars! I felt really awful when an SSG reader posted a news story a few days ago that stated the Mexican cards were the same as the US fruit roll ones, which meant I had been wasting everybody's time by posting about those Mexican cards - I didn't really know for sure if those Fruit Roll cards were the same as the cereal cards and I felt like I might have wasted both SSG's resources and the readers' time.

However, I was so glad to see your story on the main page, I really appreciated that (even if you posted it more for accuracy's sake than for ol' JT! ), so thanks again for being one of the best and coolest darn SW collectors I know!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT..... Wow, it was a surprise to see your post. Thanks for the VERY kind words

You NEVER waste the time of SSG readers...you always post GREAT stuff!!!!!!!

Those Mexican lenticulars look really nice...always been a sucker for lenticulars, just wish I didn't have to eat so much junk food to get them all. At least with the CURADS it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get the set.

You're right, I posted the pic for accuracy, but I'm very glad it also vindicated your much appreciated efforts at the same time!!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Now I get to thank you for the compliment.

I too have a soft-spot for lenticulars and holograms, though I don't really collect either. But right now I wish I wasn't allergic/sensitive to Curads 'cause those look REALLY cool! (I try never to buy something for the promotional item unless there's a chance I'll use it. )

Great page with all those food listings for Ep 2, it sure looks daunting when put in one place like that! And that's just the US stuff! Question, on your Candy page, there's a listing for the Count Dooku Lightsaber Candy (the dispenser - I have it, candy is even worse than the Darth Maul saber dispenser's candy from 3 years ago) but is there another Ep 2 lightsaber dispenser? I think I saw 2 different varieties at Target (er... that'd be the one I didn't buy, I think it was Obi-Wan's, but it could have been Mace's) but I'm not sure.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs up

JT...re compliment...you deserve it and more!!

re candy..... I only have the Dooku, but it's very likely there is another. I will check it out the next time I'm in town. Thanks for the heads up!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Oh man. It's so thick in here I think I am going to choke!

I HATE YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I feel better now.....

Really, you're both great. It's just these new psychotherapy drugs that.....awww nevermind....
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by r2dee2
    just wish I didn't have to eat so much junk food to get them all.
    I was thinking about that the other day. I HATE those kind of greasy potato chips and refuse to buy them just for the cheesy plastic puzzle pieces. How about dropping some cool stuff in some HEALTHY food for a change? They want us to get fat and poor all at once.

re: "They want us to get fat and poor all at once. "

Lucas has resigned himself to his inability to lose weight, so in order to assuage his ego, he has plotted to temp us all into obesity so that he'll look thin or at least normal by comparison.

{{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Sure thing r2!

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    Oh man. It's so thick in here I think I am going to choke!

I HATE YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I feel better now.....

Really, you're both great. It's just these new psychotherapy drugs that.....awww nevermind....
    Yeah... it's the drugs that's causing this in you QLD... suuuuure it is.

Originally posted by stillakid
    I was thinking about that the other day. I HATE those kind of greasy potato chips and refuse to buy them just for the cheesy plastic puzzle pieces. How about dropping some cool stuff in some HEALTHY food for a change? They want us to get fat and poor all at once.
    Yeah, pretty much. Then again, now that Lucas is part of big corporate America, I guess that may just be a mandate by his corporate betters.

Originally posted by SWAFMAN
    Lucas has resigned himself to his inability to lose weight, so in order to assuage his ego, he has plotted to temp us all into obesity so that he'll look thin or at least normal by comparison.

That explains McCallum's big change, from what I heard about him at SW Cel 2. Of course, I'm probably not one to talk, but after seeing Lucas feed his kids breakfast, maybe I could just suggest one little thing... BUTTER IS NOT FOOD!

Thanks for removing my ignorance over the word "lenticular". Honestly, if you asked me a few days ago what it was, I wouldn't have been able to answer. I do have one from a Fruit Rolls pack (Vader / Luke Bespin duel) but just thought of it as a . . . movie motion type thingy . . .

But just to make sure that I understand the discrepancy, the issue is that the Fruit Rolls are OT and the Mexican cereal lenticulars are TPM/AOTC, right ?
    Congrats again on the big anniversary!

The issue:

*JT posted that the Mexican cereals have some nice lenticulars in them

*Chida posted as to what all the fuss was about, since the lenticulars in the Mexican cereals were the same as the ones we had in the Jedi Fruit Rolls

*I simply posted that the lenticulars are not the same...not which episode they came from, just that the pics were not the same at all

Caesar ....thanks for the Anniversary congrats
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn