Have I done something Idiotic? sigh...

Have I done something completely idiotic? I got a final duel Maul and tore it open cause it was like just a piece of junk to me. Then I noticed it was the "rarer" saber variation. The clear "pinkish" saber. The price guide list it at $40.00. I just tore it up out of the pack. I feel like a moron...sigh..... (imitates Chris Farley from Chris Farley Show skit off SNL with a Chris Farley voice) ::::::grabs hair and tugs::::: then says IDIOT!!!! ::::::::::SO FICKIN' STUPID :::::GOD!!!

BillyJACK

Nope, ya did nothing idiotic. You freed a toy that you wanted from it's poor plastic prison. I don't even consider this a variation, the saber blades just fade sometimes on the figures. Darth Vader: Removable Helmet is really bad for this, as his saber is almost completly clear on mine, with just a tint of pink.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well if you think so Jar Jar then its probably right. I wish I could have a red saber through. Not like I'd put it on ebay as "rare" since i hate that. Maybe someone will help me get a red saber for this figure.

billyjack
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

The saber for Vader from the Masters of the Dark Side 2-pack is kinda faded compared to the Maul saber in it.

"Rare" on a dis-colored lightsaber is horse hockey, just leave the lightsaber in direct sunlight for a little and there ya go.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yes. You did yourself and all carded collectors a favor. You opened it. Wise decision.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

There is nothing wrong with opening a figure. Its yours and just enjoy it. The fading of color happens from time to time. If you want the color to be red again. Try some glass paint on the blades. You can get these paints at any Wal-Mart or any store that sell crafts. I make my blades and use this paint for the blades. You get the look of the color you want and the clear translusive blade. If you like it the way it is then leave it,but don't be up set about opening. They are toys and are meant to be opened and enjoyed.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Most of the red sabers will eventually fade to pink or almost clear, that is why POTJ dagobah vader and everyone after that is made of a red plastic rather than a clear red plastic. I have a RH Vader sitting on the wall with an almost clear saber, it started red.

JarJar is right. You freed a figure you wanted. I don't consider it a varation either. It's like comparing yellowing vintage stormtroopers to white ones. They all do it. It doesn't make them a variation.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett